Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 11:25 PM

625 posts, read 1,391,450 times

Advertisements

I will be looking at a job in the Port Coquitlam area and am wondering if there are good places to look at living in the east side of the Vancouver metro area, maybe between Vancouver and Port C. I have visited but spent my time in Vancouver and North Van so haven't seen the rest of what's out there. We would be looking for a decent 3 BR townhome in the low-mid 300s (if such a thing is possible, I think it is). Considerations would be: pleasant, safe place to live; access to transit; access to trails, nice parks, lakes or river/waterfront (i.e. somewhere I could bike or run there from home); and a sense of place with something to do for a 30-something couple in the evening besides going into Vancouver (i.e live music, pub or coffeeshop, etc.) In other places I've lived I always liked to find the old historic towns that have become suburbs of the metro area - usually there is an old main street with pubs, etc.

Are there areas east of Vancouver that fit what I describe? Areas I am considering are Burnaby and New Westminster. What about Port Moody?

I know this sounds more like a realtor question but thought someone might suggest some areas to look at. I've checked the Canadian MLS listings so maybe this can help me narrow down my geographic search. Honestly, I'm trying to figure out if we could afford anything besides a 2-bedroom condo or something way out in the suburban sprawl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 01:45 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,315,198 times
Port Moody reminds me very much of an older historic little place, quite cute and quaint. I'm no expert on the place though, only having been there a few times.

Seems like a nice place to live, and not too far from Port Coquitlam .. (I think). Also north Burnaby, upper Hastings area has some nice, quiet older neighbourhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver