Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:16 PM

467 posts, read 713,315 times

Advertisements

I enjoy them to eat for lunch, but after a while I get this weird aftertaste in my mouth that I can't stand. Combined with the over-consumption of water. I puked earlier. It was unbearable. Anybody know how to get that weird taste outta there? Not all soy products taste the same. Just looking for some answers. Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 03:26 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Boca Burgers have changed over the years. Most veggie burgers are tough, and dry. Gardenburgers are better, I think. Many are vegetable/ rice based, flavored, and tasty. I wrap mine in foil, and steam in water. I never try to grill them like meat. I hope you find something better than the ones that made you sick. I eat a lot of the canned Loma Linda/Worthington Fri chik, and turkee slices. All vegetarian, and good tasting. A can lasts me 2 days.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:40 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Wow, I haven't had one of those in years, doesn't sound like I should look forward to it, either.

I agree, though... garden burgers are much better.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:38 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
Boca is bad. Ruined by Kraft Corp. Have you ever had their "cheese product"!

Gardenburger is superior as the other posters have said. I've had their vegan breakfast sausages in the past - very good.

Loma Linda? Wow, I haven't heard of them in years. We used to have their stuff when we were growing up.

There is a Jehovah's Witness book and food store nearby which carries those products and a lot of other vegetarian stuff. Maybe I'll check in there for burger-type products...

Old 09-19-2009, 06:51 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
I've been a fan of Loma Linda products for years, but hardly ever see them anymore .....

Old 09-19-2009, 07:42 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
I've been a fan of Loma Linda products for years, but hardly ever see them anymore .....
They're now owned by Kelloggs along with Worthington. Kelloggs also now owns Gardenburger. Kraft and Kelloggs both wanted to get into the vegetarian foods market and bought up existing companies that had worked hard to develop the foods and markets, rather than do any work themselves. Kraft owns Boca Burger now.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:49 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,034,060 times
I just tried the new Morningstar chicken grillers. They were good!

Old 09-20-2009, 07:31 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,828 times
Kelloggs owns Morningstar

Old 09-20-2009, 07:57 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelsMatt View Post
I enjoy them to eat for lunch, but after a while I get this weird aftertaste in my mouth that I can't stand. Combined with the over-consumption of water. I puked earlier. It was unbearable. Anybody know how to get that weird taste outta there? Not all soy products taste the same. Just looking for some answers. Thanks..
Sorry to hear that. I have tried Boca burgers and I was disappointed in the taste. I like Garden burgers better.

I am also looking for new veggie burger recipes.

The first one I am going to try is for Zucchini Carrot burgers. I will try those tonight or tomorrow.

Next I have a good recipe for bean burgers using northern beans, carrots, onions and some other ingredients. I will try that during the week. I will let you all know how it goes.

If I can find a good veggie burger recipe it will be healthier and cheaper for me to make my own with unprocessed ingredients. Wish me luck.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:01 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Brush your teeth after meals?

I think coating them with a good buttery flavor of olive oil and then baking them makes them much better. Spicey ones are better too. If it made you puke don't eat it. You could be sensitive to soy or some other ing in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food