Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 PM

400 posts, read 850,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherylcatmom View Post

My husband and I love the Vermontasaurus and plan to see it in person. I.e., as you say, art is subjective a/k/a in the eye of the beholder.
That's cool...but he's going to need even more permits and probably some sort of inspection before it can be opened to the public! Does it have handicap access? What about insurance? :P

If this guy gets his way I think when I throw my garage up I'll spray paint a dinosaur mural on the side of it to save myself a little money on permit fees. Sounds like a nice little loop hole.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:16 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,528,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Sorry, but if they're going to act like children we'll treat them like children.

I have too much respect for the Vermont landscape, and don't real care what the " take-backers" think.
The people acting like children are the ones complaining. The town is acting more like the mafia demanding their cut.

You would care what us "take backers" think if you tried enforcing your ideas. Remember those people in Craftsbury and that road issue?

Maybe nanny statism and trying to turn VT into a Southern HOA run suburban sprawl doesn't belong here.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:52 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,146,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The people acting like children are the ones complaining. The town is acting more like the mafia demanding their cut.

You would care what us "take backers" think if you tried enforcing your ideas. Remember those people in Craftsbury and that road issue?

Maybe nanny statism and trying to turn VT into a Southern HOA run suburban sprawl doesn't belong here.
I'm not backing the town in this case. I'm fine with that thing as a work of art and nothing else.

There's a lot of area between rusty cars piled in a yard and suburban sprawl- suburban sprawl being the catch phrase for all the "take backers".

My rules are simple-get the garbage out of your yard and try and keep your house up as much as possible. I realize that houses can be expensive to maintain, but if you can't afford to paint your house, how about a little scraping now and then?

So there it is. Get the junk out of your yard and keep your house up the best you can-suburban sprawl.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I'm not backing the town in this case. I'm fine with that thing as a work of art and nothing else.

There's a lot of area between rusty cars piled in a yard and suburban sprawl- suburban sprawl being the catch phrase for all the "take backers".

My rules are simple-get the garbage out of your yard and try and keep your house up as much as possible. I realize that houses can be expensive to maintain, but if you can't afford to paint your house, how about a little scraping now and then?

So there it is. Get the junk out of your yard and keep your house up the best you can-suburban sprawl.
If what people do on their property is not posing a danger to your health, mind your own business. It's not your property.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
If what people do on their property is not posing a danger to your health, mind your own business. It's not your property.
Forget it.

See what happened to the smokers who weren't considerate of others?

You're next.

We're taking over.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Forget it.

See what happened to the smokers who weren't considerate of others?

You're next.

We're taking over.
Outside of places like Burlington, Brattleboro, etc., nope, you're not.

Think people like this will tolerate that nonsense? Survivalists, Town Clash Over Craftsbury Road - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

But I guess you didn't understand the reference I was making. There's lots of people in VT like those people in Craftsbury (sidenote: my great-great-great-great uncle was one of the first settlers of that town).

Old 07-15-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Think people like this will tolerate that nonsense? Survivalists, Town Clash Over Craftsbury Road - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

But I guess you didn't understand the reference I was making. There's lots of people in VT like those people in Craftsbury (sidenote: my great-great-great-great uncle was one of the first settlers of that town).
I don't know why you brought this up, I'm with you and the pitchfork brigade on this one.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:28 PM

459 posts, read 1,037,643 times
Quote:

I do think Quickdraw was being sarcastic.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BickleTravis View Post
I do think Quickdraw was being sarcastic.
Guess I'm too grumpy today.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM

459 posts, read 1,037,643 times
Quote:
Guess I'm too grumpy today.
Hey, I'm with you.
I was born and raised in Burlington, and I'm leaving in a couple of weeks for good because it's just too expensive for me to make it here. Vermont just isn't worth it. The mid-Atlantic rich kids can have this place. I'm over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont