Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:47 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
chuck norris
Ha ha..that is great!! The scene in Dodgeball, with Chuck Norris as one of the deciding judges..I cant repeat on here what Ben Stiller said about Chuck Norris, in the ending credits, but it was funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 02:35 AM

Oh, did anyone get a chance to see them film or meet the stars of What lies Beneath? I would like to see Harrison Ford. He is one person that I would like to say Hey to.. I believe that was filmed in Burlington.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:20 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,263,765 times
What Lies Beneath was mostly filmed at/or right next to DAR State Park in West Addison. Thats the Crown Point Bridge you see in the film. Some of it was shot in Burlington...I know up at UVM was one spot.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:17 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,822,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Oh, did anyone get a chance to see them film or meet the stars of What lies Beneath? I would like to see Harrison Ford. He is one person that I would like to say Hey to.. I believe that was filmed in Burlington.
I lived in Jackson Hole, Wy for many years, HF also lives there. I worked for a cleaning contractor and twice went to his place to work. Both times he was there and I got to spend most of each day with him, even helped him move some furniture. His then wife Melissa Matheson was a total sweetheart but I guess he dumped her for some young thing.

He is very down to earth, pretty big guy, 6' 1" , and enjoys living in JH. He is seen often around town and is treated like a regular person which he really appreciates. He is a excellent carpenter with a workshop that would be the envy of most carpenters. He told me that right before he got the Star Wars gig he was renovating Sally Kellerman's(Hot Lips in the Mash movie) kitchen.

When I first showed up I was alittle star struck, it was right after he did the movie, the Witness, I couldn't even talk when he shook my hand. Then he handed me a pipe and I could find my tongue again.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
I lived in Jackson Hole, Wy for many years, HF also lives there. I worked for a cleaning contractor and twice went to his place to work. Both times he was there and I got to spend most of each day with him, even helped him move some furniture. His then wife Melissa Matheson was a total sweetheart but I guess he dumped her for some young thing.

He is very down to earth, pretty big guy, 6' 1" , and enjoys living in JH. He is seen often around town and is treated like a regular person which he really appreciates. He is a excellent carpenter with a workshop that would be the envy of most carpenters. He told me that right before he got the Star Wars gig he was renovating Sally Kellerman's(Hot Lips in the Mash movie) kitchen.

When I first showed up I was alittle star struck, it was right after he did the movie, the Witness, I couldn't even talk when he shook my hand. Then he handed me a pipe and I could find my tongue again.

Haha...what a great story. I think he would be one of the few actors to make me star struck too. He is just so, umm, Handsome. Lol. I have read that he was a carpenter. I do enjoy his acting. I didnt know he was that tall though.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:29 PM

6 posts, read 28,695 times
Hi there. Didn't or doesn't Tom Selleck have a place in or near Joe's Pond?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:10 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,137 times
Chuck Norris, where?

We did have Rudyard Kipling {smile} in Dummerston, Charles Bronson in West Windsor (gorgeous home-estate), Michael J Fox sold his home however he does come to Ludlow (Okemo) at least once a year....Cruz/Kidman did have a place in Woodstock area.....

Old 07-09-2007, 06:39 AM

234 posts, read 1,269,763 times
Joel Walsh (sp?) 70's rock star ( you know - my Mazeratti does 185, lost my license, now I don't drive) used to own Hartley Hill in Westminster West.

as kids we'd sneak up the back way and going hunting on his land. We would have to dodge his caretaker on occasion. <wink>

Last edited by leggo; 07-09-2007 at 07:05 AM..

Old 07-09-2007, 07:04 AM

234 posts, read 1,269,763 times
Oh ya - I was in the same college dorm with John Fishman the drummer of Phish. He was down the hall 3 doors - he and his stoner pals would jam their crappy music til 3 o'clock in the morning. I remember many times we would get up and pound on the door and yell "Fishman -- SHUTUP!!"

Now the guy's famous! go figure ( I should of been nicer - hahaha)

I have some really creepy stories about Fishman and his buddies, if anyone wants to hear.

Also - remember the Life cereal commericals with the two little boys --- Let's Get Mikey he'll eat anthing.

Well Tommy G. (forgot his last name) was the kid who said that famous line, and his kid brother was "Mikey". His mother was an ad exec in NYC and got them the gig. He was two doors down the hall at college. -- That kid ALWAYS had money -- said he got checks still when they ran those commercials. ( and no - Mikey did not die from eating Pop-Rocks and soda!!, I met him once when he came up to visit Tommy G.)

Tommy G. made a Pepsi commercial during winter break, he was the young military guy stepping off the bus, and his mom (or dad) hands him a Pepsi and he chugs it with a satisfied look on his face --- we used to bust his chops in fun whenever we saw it on TV. Good kid, always willing to buy you a pizza and spring for beers at the bars.

Friend of mine saw Ron Howard and family in J.C. Penneys in Brattleboro.

I know people have seen Whoopi in Brattleboro, and I know a guy who said he saw Michael J. Fox in Ludlow skiing.

Didn't Sly Stallone have a place in Vermont at one time??

thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:49 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,137 times
And now we can add Homer Simpson! Hooray for Springfield VT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont