Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:09 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,959,391 times

Advertisements

This time of the year really makes me want to move out of So Cali. I am not a summery heat type person. I dont care for the nights when it is in the 80's. I hate the high temps durning the day. I hypernate in the summer It is 95 now. I am looking forward to the cool crisp days of fall, the snow in the winter, the comfortable temps in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 08:52 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,789,000 times
The weather is pretty spectacular right about now. And if you like seasons, we have a few here - no two the same. I'd find the weather most places tough, but this climate is called "temperate" and it seems apt.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,563 times
Hi there everybody> I live in Surrey in the UK and desperately want to experience a white christmas> Can I do this in New England? I really want to visit vermont with my family, but there must be snow!! Any information will be much appreciated.
Thanks Jo

Old 08-12-2009, 10:55 AM

2 posts, read 3,563 times
Hi, I wonder if you would mind telling me what the wether is usually like at christmas where you are? I have always dreamed of coming to vermont for a "white Christmas" as here in the UK we never get snow in December> Sorry to trouble you, but hope you may find the time to reply!! Regards Jo

Old 08-12-2009, 11:32 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,385,802 times
You're pretty certain to have a white Christmas in Vermont. There was only one year (I think it was two years ago) when there wasn't snow on the ground that I can remember.

The temps will likely be in the 20s during the day and teens to single digits at night. It tends to be a bit warmer in the southern part of the state and the mountainous areas generally get more snowfall.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,144,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanne Ellis View Post
Hi there everybody> I live in Surrey in the UK and desperately want to experience a white christmas> Can I do this in New England? I really want to visit vermont with my family, but there must be snow!! Any information will be much appreciated.
Thanks Jo
Well there are no guarantees. Most Christmases here have white snow on the ground or falling, although it may not necessarily be the fluffy white stuff. It could be sleet etc. Chances are though, that even if you don't have snow you could drive up a mountain like Mt. Washingtom and find some.

I like your chances for a white Christmas, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont