Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:59 AM

7 posts, read 30,913 times

Advertisements

Laws might be different now, but from 1992-99 I burned my trash in a 55-gal drum out in the corner of my backyard. The local fire chief said that all that was required was a screen over the top of the barrel. The town was West Charleston, VT, located in the Northeast Kingdom. Note: Don't use use gasoline to get your barrel started. It can be rather explosive in nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 12:20 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
In Guilford where I am temporarily, we have a recycle center (plastic, paper, etc) and have the non-recycles and the non-composts picked up bi-weekly. Can't remember what it cost, but not unreasonable.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:08 PM

6 posts, read 15,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEKOUT View Post
Note: Don't use use gasoline to get your barrel started. It can be rather explosive in nature.
DUH! It does not take a genious to figure that one out! As for burning trash in a barrell, that is illegal in Vermont, I know this as my dad is the fire chief and fire warden for Guilford, VT. Your local fire chief may not be informed on burning laws though, that falls under the juristiction of the local fire wardens.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:43 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,662,640 times
I'm sure this is an illegal practice, but the reality is that there are many people who still burn their trash.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:54 PM

4 posts, read 11,145 times
I live in a rural town in northern VT and trash pick up is about $39 mo. It includes 4 - 30gallon bags and 2-recycle bins each week. We're watching our $$ right now, but having come from a city I just feel more comfortable with my role being putting my trash at the end of the drive vs. dropping it off at another location..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: