Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:21 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,293,156 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the review! If only Sanford were on the west side of Orlando...then I'd consider trying them out!

Old 01-15-2015, 07:02 PM

75 posts, read 120,687 times
I have flown Allegiant several times between Plattsburgh and a few cities in Florida. Here's what I think ;

The Good
Cheaper fares
Non stop flights. No worries about getting stranded in Cleveland because of snow
Secondary airports are used, which is actually more convienient for me
For $20 I can guarantee a bulkhead seat. I'm 6'6" so this is very important to me!
Flights are frequently late, but not more so than any other airline

The Bad
Ridiculous "optional fees". There's a convenience charge for booking online, and a higher one if you book by phone. No way to avoid such fees, this company knows how to nickel and dime you
Fees for checked bags AND carryons!
Old rickety planes, frequently overbooked
Non existant customer service. It takes an hour long toll call to reach anybody.
Different pricing /fees than most other Airlines. It doesn't matter if you're a frequent flier, you need to know how Allegiant works, or pay through the nose.

In short, I will fly with Allegiant again, but only because they are cheap and I'm not on a strict schedule. Spirit and JetBlue are better options to be honest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 12:34 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,897,485 times
Yeah I think you gotta be able to bite some of those fees, but in the end it was cheaper than getting a connection through Newark. I did like going to the very quiet Sanford airport.

I also had to call up and sit on hold to add a lap baby which is odd. Why not just let you do it on the internet?

Look at the bottom line versus the individual fees.

I will add - I got a surprise fee after the fact. I booked a car rental as part of the package and got dinged with a $120 fee that was charged by the rental company. I looked back at my Allegiant confirmation e-mail and it said right there in red:

Taxes, surcharges and fees are not part of your package price and will be collected by Alamo at time of auto rental pick up. Fees are the same for all rental car companies and are based on car size and season. Fees may include: Concession Recoupment Fee, Surcharge/Tire Battery Fee, License Recoupment Fee, Customer Facility Charge, state tax, and drop fee.

I just don't remember see that before I booked but it might have been there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: