Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2014, 10:57 AM

23,662 posts, read 70,702,206 times

Advertisements

Haven't had as many related laughs since Ernest Colburn's records first came out.

Vermont - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia

"Vermont is a small island located in the New England area of the United States. It covers an area of 2 square miles, mainly consisting of dense hardwood forests, spacious pine forests, and forests full of hippies. It is home to over three towns, eight people and several billion cows. It is the whitest state in the U.S. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 12:53 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,642,557 times
"and forests full of hippies".....they got that one right......

Old 09-19-2014, 01:49 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,896,761 times
haha.. construction!

waited like 30 minutes to go 1 mile the other day... of course when i was late for work. but the new road is so buttery.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:46 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,394,584 times
Had never seen the site before, made me wonder if it's kinda' like The Onion-satire, I suppose

Quote:
Its seasons include almost winter, winter, still winter, mud season, construction and fall; depending on the year, summer may fall on a weekend.
^Not that far from the truth.
Quote:
This "State Government" is in the city of Montpelier, which would be the smallest capitol city in the US, if not for the fact that Vermont is now independent and that the state is actually run by the Council of Stoners, which is in Brattleboro.
^First I've heard of it-we're used to being pretty much forgotten in the lower half of the state, as the seat of gov't. and concentration of population are up north.

Thanks for the laughs -maybe I'll go share link to page on FB.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:42 PM

221 posts, read 347,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
vermonters are famous for sitting at an intersection for 30 minutes after the light has turned green, just in case a martian, or a new yorker, suddenly materializes in front of them. This often interferes with their favorite pastime, driving around the block, over and over, searching for a pedestrian for whom they can stop.

hahahahaha

and this:

Flatlander *******s are easily identifiable from the native mountain folk in several ways including lacking common sense, possessing a general assholish attitude, and driving their Massachusetts, New Jersey or New York-plated vehicles around like an idiot

Sorry, I just drive way too much. I'm sure you know that by now lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: