Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 10:27 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in ending my relationship with Verizon. I notice AT&T has great coverage in Vermont, but it doesn't have unlimited data plans. Does anyone have experience with T-Mobile coverage? It has the best plan available with unlimited talk, text and data for a great price, but I need to make sure there's sufficient coverage in Vermont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 02:47 PM

73 posts, read 101,510 times
Go here: T-Mobile’s 4G Network | Check Your Coverage | T-Mobile Blazing Fast 4G Coverage

Enter Zip Code of where you are in VT.

Anything with darker colors on the map is not the greatest coverage. Partner coverage means they will piggyback on top of the bigger companies with their coverage.

ATT & Verizon is a safe bet in VT. If you find a third party carrier (mom and pop place that sells coverage), you are buying a lesser quality line for your data and phone calls. The big three own all the connections. Verizon, ATT, and Sprint.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:46 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times
Are you sure the darker areas are the least coverage and the lighter areas are the best coverage?

If so, damn! I was excited because it appeared to have good coverage being all dark purple.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:18 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,266,228 times
According to the map legend ( you have to scroll down a bit ) dark purple means "service partner". The brighter the pink, the better the coverage.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:33 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,074,570 times
I was a T Mobile customer, in Stowe. I brought it with me when I moved there. The service in that area was very sketchy.

When they started to develop Mt Mansfield a few years back I spoke with a normal person (not sales/customer service) in their engineering department and asked, with the advent of a lot of high rollers coming in to the "new" resort, why they weren't all over installing adequate coverage. His answer was that it wasn't on their radar screen, and although he appreciated what I was telling him, they were unlikely to redevelop their expansion plans. I don't believe they ever did anything, and the T Mobile service in that area still stinks.

As a long time T-Mobile customer who kept it because of their international stuff, my experience is that in the US it works well in some large metro areas, and generally along the interstates. In the rural and/or mountainous areas, it really is poor.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:29 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm interested in ending my relationship with Verizon. I notice AT&T has great coverage in Vermont, but it doesn't have unlimited data plans. Does anyone have experience with T-Mobile coverage? It has the best plan available with unlimited talk, text and data for a great price, but I need to make sure there's sufficient coverage in Vermont.
Good luck Hopes . . .
I had to go to the VT Atty Gen to end my relations with Verizon. I didnt even get reception in my town, of course Im not going to renew, duh!!
Despite repeated calls informing them they are not abiding by the contract THEY wrote, they were turning our info over to credit agencies months later. The Atty General got in handled quickly. Since then, I have added Verizon on a short list of companies I will never, ever, ever use again. I will use tin cans and a string before I'll use Verizon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont