Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 03:06 PM

24 posts, read 30,367 times

Advertisements

I am a single young professional and I will be moving up to Montpelier from the Upper Valley area sometime before my lease is up on July 31. I've been a bit surprised by how few rentals are on the market. I would like a cat-friendly studio or 1 bedroom apartment within walking distance to downtown. I've found one apartment that I love, but I'm wondering if it is foolish or prudent to go ahead and snatch up an apartment now.

So, Montpelier folks: Foolish or smart to go ahead and lock down a place a couple of months in advance, even if it means potentially paying extra rent for a couple of months?

I'm an obsessive planner, so I'm tempted to go ahead and rent the place that will be available next month, out of fear that no other good cat-friendly options will present themselves between now and July 31.

I don't need to move until July 31, but I'd love to avoid the stress and uncertainty of apartment hunting over the summer, as my next couple of months are going to be very busy.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 04:44 AM

371 posts, read 540,172 times
Parking can be a big issue in Montpelier. If this apartment suits your budget and taste, has off-street parking, I would go for it now (especially with any pets). I too have had to pay the extra rent going from one place to another, it's almost impossible not to do so. Vermont rentals are tough everywhere, as you probably know from being in the Upper Valley. It also gives you some time to move stuff in at your leisure, clean it, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont