Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,079,286 times

Advertisements

What I find funny is I can cross the bridge into Hanover (20 minutes away) and see HUGE SUPPORT CLINTON signs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 02:44 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,144,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
What makes you feel that people aren't being suckered into voting for Obama? What has he really said and not spun? I'm not looking to bicker, I merely wish to understand what people are seeing in the man and what they are hearing in his words.
Well for one thing, he voted against this joke of a war where young kids are getting killed for nothing. Not to mention innocent people in Iraq, Afgnstn, etc.

That's huge.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:47 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,144,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampChomp1 View Post
It's so very amusing to me that liberals accuse the South of being such a monolithic vote and yet they go out in Vermont and vote the same exact way. Everyone knows that Vermont is home to out of touch liberals, and they went out and did exactly what everyone knew they would do.

I'd hardly call that "intellegent".
Nice bold font.

We do have a republican governor,not typical for a liberal state. You never know what we're going to do. We're very crafty.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:05 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,829,950 times
Interesting that you have brought this up; I was discussing this with a friend last night and certainly my intent is NOT to get into a political debate or tossing around any objects...- smile-...what is the momentum...it is not a whole lot of experience...it is being a good orator...it is being very smooth and very polished and saying the right words to champion want people need to hear right now...is that sincere talk or is going to be scary stuff, following like lambs to.....other leaders have been very charismatic, great speakers, enthusiastic ones and then.......other thoughts?

Old 03-05-2008, 03:07 PM

19 posts, read 154,221 times
I don't live in Vermont but an hour drive from there in Montreal but I thought I should address something. I wanted to root for democrats after Bush's horrible presidency but their rejection of Nafta makes me sick, more so as a person studying economics. I mean people in Vermont can tell me how many jobs were moved to Canada? Probably close to 0. If there is a problem in Nafta it might be with Mexico but I really don't understand this stance, our economy is alike, we don't steal manufacturing jobs, other countries do.

Jobs are being sent to India and China which have nothing to do with Nafta. And if you want to deal with Mexico, fine but what does Canada have to do with that story?

Disgusted with the populism showed by the 2 candidates especially from Clinton, I mean her husband is the one who signed it and she praised it.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:39 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,859,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Well for one thing, he voted against this joke of a war where young kids are getting killed for nothing. Not to mention innocent people in Iraq, Afgnstn, etc.

That's huge.
I am not a kid anymore, but still up for deployment as I still serve so with Obama I guess I won't be going next year? Yeah right

Old 03-07-2008, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 4,568 times
Default Wake Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
What makes you feel that people aren't being suckered into voting for Obama? What has he really said and not spun? I'm not looking to bicker, I merely wish to understand what people are seeing in the man and what they are hearing in his words.

PS: Not a McCain fan here, just curious about this frenzied build up around Obama is all about. It's bordering on religious zealousness and I have yet to hear anything truly substantial.
and you wont hear anything substantial, all Obama has came up with is a great mareketing slogan "Change" Even if he is elected which he has no chance, what he going to change? The lobbiest run this country from both sides of the aisle. WAKE UP People McCain is the best of the bunch for our security. What we do need is a president like Reagan!!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:49 PM

4 posts, read 9,327 times
I've lived in Vermont now for 6 years and I have to say I do believe Vermonters are out of touch with the real world. It's not real up here - sitting for 5 months of the ice floe, fighting day to day battles to survive. And by survival I mean trying to get down the road without winding up in an icey ditch and having to wait 3 hours for Benny to come and tow you out. The guy who plowed my driveway a few weeks ago got stuck in my driveway and for 2.5 hours everyone tried to get him out. He kept mumbling that we put up with this because of the "quality of life" here. I still don't know what he means and am ready to move.

Don't forget, 38% of us voted for Hillary. She scares most Vermonters, who think that if you raise your voice or are the least bit animated, you're angry. Let's face it, Vermonters voted for Obama, because he's so insubstantial that he doesn't threaten them.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:19 PM

231 posts, read 869,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprt View Post
I'm thrilled, but not surprised, that Vermont went for Obama in a big way. I have to say, though, that I was never more proud of my roots than when, in the last presidential primary, Howard Dean took Vermont--two weeks after he dropped out.
That to me is a HUGE conspiracy. He was supposed to be the second coming...and yet he didn't win any of the states! He was as popular as Osama...I mean Obama I think the liberals/democrats should focus in on that!! What happen?

Old 03-07-2008, 06:17 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,859,169 times
A story in the national news concerning Vermont tonight caught my eye. This will not lavish kudos on our image as a study and research report on substance abuse and mental health issues shows that among youth and young adults we lead the nation in marijuana use and underage alcohol abuse. I guess the reaction tomorrow will be we need even more money and more programs. Maybe someday we will actually focus on what is happening in our own backyard versus making noise over all kinds of other cause celeb issues whe have most certainly become known for across the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont