Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 06:12 PM

52 posts, read 223,274 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are possibly moving to Weston (or surrounding areas) this summer. We've been looking online at houses, but there doesn't seem to be much for year round rentals homes.

Do these exist? What is a good resource for this kind of thing? We're looking for a 2 - 3 bdrm house (1200 sq feet) with a yard. Our target price is around 1000. Less is even better. No kids, but two small dogs.

There doesn't seem to be much online- does that mean it's not there?

Any advice is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 07:38 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,269,613 times
Weston is a teeny, tiny town. I can't imagine that there will be lots of rentals available.
Have you checked the ski resorts nearby? Ludlow...you may be able to find a condo or something. Or, Springfield, which is hte area's largest town.
Good luck!

Old 03-21-2008, 08:02 AM

52 posts, read 223,274 times
Right, I know there's not much in Weston since it's a very small town. But it just seems that there isn't really anything listed on the internet for year round rental houses anywhere within a 30 minute radius (Chester, Ludlow, Londonderry. etc...). Only to purchase. Since we have dogs we really want a yard, so a condo is out.

Are rental houses just not something people do in southern vermont?

Old 07-13-2008, 03:19 PM

32 posts, read 91,008 times
Gee cbags, it's a little late as I've just been reading this forum, but I would have rented you my house! Which I am considering instead of selling it.

I'm in Danby Four Corners though. A bit of ride to Weston unless you go up over Mount Tabor which is closed in winter.

I think house rentals are kind of a "word of mouth" thing up here, as I know plenty of locals who rent. They just happen to find out about stuff before it hits the papers.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:49 AM

17 posts, read 93,869 times
Look at homes for sale on craigslist or some other classified and ask them if they are willing to rent long term. Houses are not selling very quickly so someone may be open to renting long term. We did this last year when we first moved up here and were able to rent a 3 br old victorian in Manchester for 1200.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:22 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbags View Post
Right, I know there's not much in Weston since it's a very small town. But it just seems that there isn't really anything listed on the internet for year round rental houses anywhere within a 30 minute radius (Chester, Ludlow, Londonderry. etc...). Only to purchase. Since we have dogs we really want a yard, so a condo is out.

Are rental houses just not something people do in southern vermont?
Have you asked any local real estate agents whether some of the seller would be interested in renting for a year? I noticed a number of homes for sale in Chester; you never know, someone might opt to rent as opposed to sitting on the house waiting to sell.

I've used Valley Real Estate in Chester on the Green; they merged with another local company (Barrett?) try contacting them if you haven't already enlisted the help of a local agent. Everyone in the office is very patient and kind.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,702 times
Default response to your messege to cbags,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcowgirl View Post
Gee cbags, it's a little late as I've just been reading this forum, but I would have rented you my house! Which I am considering instead of selling it.

I'm in Danby Four Corners though. A bit of ride to Weston unless you go up over Mount Tabor which is closed in winter.

I think house rentals are kind of a "word of mouth" thing up here, as I know plenty of locals who rent. They just happen to find out about stuff before it hits the papers.
Hello we are moving up to VT and my Fiance' is from Middletown Springs, VT and has been accepted into Boces College she will be continuing to study to be a RN. and I am a home remodeler and custom furniture/woodwooker we are looking for a place to rent in that area and if you are still considering renting your home in Danby if it hasnt been rented allready?
or if so if you would possably happen to know of any other places around this area?
I just happen to see this msg while searching for a year round rental up in VT.
It has been sooo hard trying to find a decent place up there and that has the possable room such as a garage or even a basement to be able to move my shop up into nothing hudge but a good little size wood shop lol
If interested or you might be able to help please email me at [EMAIL="truehomeimprovement@yahoo.com"]truehomeimprovement@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]
I have plenty of work up there already lined up her parents home is in need of sprucing up as it is an old farm house and I also have started my own online store selling shelves and small type furniture that can be made & shipped out to just about anywhere easy enough.
Then I build some arts & crafts style coffie table size peices for local sales.
Thank you for your time in reading this, and even if any one would be interested in having me do some work to there home with a partial barter of rent or keep seperate Im easy!
Thanks again.
Mike W

Last edited by vter; 08-03-2011 at 05:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont