Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 01:34 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,857,076 times

Advertisements

I think a lot folks would be glad to see anything to be able to earn a check. Vermont Pure water is closing it's plant in Randolph as did Vermont Castings in the same area. I know a guy from my unit that lost his job at the latter, and that region is getting hammered. Even these folks can find work either in the Upper Valley or north toward Montpelier the expense of gas will be brutal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 09:25 AM

226 posts, read 693,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
Give me a Target instead of another durned Sprawlmart!
I heard a rumor that Tar-zhay is eying a spot over near Susie Wilson Rd.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:44 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,661,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatwoodward View Post
I heard a rumor that Tar-zhay is eying a spot over near Susie Wilson Rd.
I'm not sure if it's the same plaza, but it looks like it will be a Lowe's. There was an article in the Free Press a few days ago.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:08 PM

504 posts, read 616,338 times
As a conservative places to avoid are:
Burlington and many of the surrounding towns- extremely liberal
Hartford (VT) aka White River Jct. also many of the surrounding towns- extremely liberal
Montpelier area is overall very liberal especially in Montpelier itself

Old 03-20-2012, 03:32 PM

43 posts, read 102,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targo View Post
Ah, don't worry, just go hang out at BJ's or Dattilios and you'll get a conservative "fix" if you need one or here..... Vermont Tiger

Vermont isn't the "liberal" armageddon some people think it is.

I would agree with Targo, i am a ultra conservative, living out on the islands, its not up in your face liberal, makes for some decent happy hour discussions at the pub..... Or as I like to call it, SMACK DOWN the liberal hour,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont