Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2006, 11:00 AM

31 posts, read 186,193 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Would someone kindly tell me the weather stats? ALL YEAR??? Highs & Lows??

You always here it's cold all the time there, is it?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 11:34 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,268,649 times
You can go to weather.com, plug in your Vermont town of interest, and from there you can find average weather temps throughout the year.
For example my town's averages are:
Jan High 27, low 9
April High 53 low 34
July High 81 Low 60
October High 56 low39
Dec High 32 low 17

Old 12-19-2006, 04:32 PM

23,601 posts, read 70,412,676 times
The weather is different in different areas of Vt. I know it is a small state and you wouldn't think that possible, but having lived there for 30+ years, I know some of the idiosyncracies. Burlington and Charlotte get the most sun and can be reasonably warm, when the mountains a few miles away are cold and windy. Snow can cap the higher mountains (Mansfield and Camel's Hump) starting in October or even September, while the valleys are still showing some green and experiencing relatively warm days.

Overall, the temperatures are cooler than areas south, and the sky is more covered with clouds. City-data has some stats, but I'm beginning to wonder about the veracity of those, since the stats for Yosemete in CA show that it has next to no snow. Hmmmm? I view a number of webcams almost daily, and I know that one ain't true.

Search on the web for Roger Hill's webcam and weather. Roger is a fairly famous weatherman. With a little searching, you'll find a lot of webcams and solid info.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:26 AM

2,224 posts, read 772,298 times
If you want some cool webcams of Vermont - go to nws dot noaa dot gov
Click on the state of Vermont. There is a column on the left side of that page. Under Current Condition there is a tab that says Cameras. Click on that and there you go! Actually, the first page of that website is awesome too! Not for webcams, but for general information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont