Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:20 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
I just can't come up with a reply to this.....I can't stop laughing. I shop at the Price Chopper in Barre, it's awesome, also the Shaw's here in Waitsfield. Most people I know don't make alot of money, including myself so we buy the deals and do just fine. I also try to buy local too as that is supporting everyone by creating jobs in Vermont as just one benefit.

It is more expansive for sure but if you had any clue about the cost for producing local vs the big corp you'd know why it has to be.

Also, where exactly is this hippie utopia you speak of? Waiting for the best troll reply you got.

Where does one buy Troll Chow in VT -- Shaw's? Hannaford? Price Chopper? Local feed store?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:27 AM

1,822 posts, read 5,132,977 times
Quote:
Also, where exactly is this hippie utopia you speak of? Waiting for the best troll reply you got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Where does one buy Troll Chow in VT -- Shaw's? Hannaford? Price Chopper? Local feed store?

LMAO!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:55 PM

459 posts, read 1,036,748 times
Quote:
I just can't come up with a reply to this.....I can't stop laughing. I shop at the Price Chopper in Barre, it's awesome, also the Shaw's here in Waitsfield. Most people I know don't make alot of money, including myself so we buy the deals and do just fine. I also try to buy local too as that is supporting everyone by creating jobs in Vermont as just one benefit.

It is more expansive for sure but if you had any clue about the cost for producing local vs the big corp you'd know why it has to be.

This is the attitude that is so prevalent here. It just reeks of elitism. "If you were as smart as me you'd know why..."
Some people, myself included, are well aware of the obvious reasons as to why local is more expensive. In most cases we just can't afford it.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:44 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,268,649 times
this has run its course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont