Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 01:43 AM

1,053 posts, read 695,997 times

Advertisements

https://abcnews4.com/news/nation-wor...-randolph-high

What do you all think?

Old 10-06-2022, 06:38 AM

6,371 posts, read 2,923,063 times
I think this will end up in the politics thread. They don't like topics like this in the VT section.

Old 10-06-2022, 06:38 AM

9,484 posts, read 5,266,652 times
It just seems 'off' that the one trans player would be given the entire locker room/dressing area while the rest of the team were relegated to a smaller, confined space in which to change. That makes no sense to me.

If I was a parent, I would likely be troubled by the trans player just sitting there watching the other girls change. I'm sorry, but that is a bit creepy to me. Do they all change in front of one another? (I think so.) Why was the trans player not changing w/everyone else? If he is still biologically male, with a penis, then both s/he and the rest of the team would all be made uncomfortable by him revealing his body in the group. no?

If schools are going to go this route, they have to find ways to make all students 'comfortable.' You can't ostracize the CIS girls in favor of the trans student(s). We've opened this can of worms as a society and I guess now we have to deal with it. The mother of the trans player who is claiming harassment and that the complainant is 'just wanting attention' is also incredibly disrespectful and obtuse to the young lady who doesn't want a bio male watching her get dressed.

Here's another one that a neighbor shared on FB. This is VT.

Parents have no rights to student gender identity information, VT Agency of Education says | True North Reports

Old 10-06-2022, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I think this will end up in the politics thread. They don't like topics like this in the VT section.
Why? It's Vermont!! Incidents specific to VT don't belong on the VT forum. Go figure.

Old 10-06-2022, 06:51 AM

6,371 posts, read 2,923,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
It just seems 'off' that the one trans player would be given the entire locker room/dressing area while the rest of the team were relegated to a smaller, confined space in which to change. That makes no sense to me.

If I was a parent, I would likely be troubled by the trans player just sitting there watching the other girls change. I'm sorry, but that is a bit creepy to me. Do they all change in front of one another? (I think so.) Why was the trans player not changing w/everyone else? If he is still biologically male, with a penis, then both s/he and the rest of the team would all be made uncomfortable by him revealing his body in the group. no?

If schools are going to go this route, they have to find ways to make all students 'comfortable.' You can't ostracize the CIS girls in favor of the trans student(s). We've opened this can of worms as a society and I guess now we have to deal with it. The mother of the trans player who is claiming harassment and that the complainant is 'just wanting attention' is also incredibly disrespectful and obtuse to the young lady who doesn't want a bio male watching her get dressed.

Here's another one that a neighbor shared on FB. This is VT.

Parents have no rights to student gender identity information, VT Agency of Education says | True North Reports
She did more than just watch. The news reported some kind of disturbing comment, but didn't say what it was.

Quote:
Allen says that the dispute started when the trans student made an inappropriate comment while members of the volleyball team were getting changed. She says her issue is not with having the trans student on the team or at school, but specifically in the locker room. “There are biological boys that go into the girl’s bathroom but never a locker room,” Allen said.
https://www.wcax.com/2022/09/28/rand...-room-dispute/

Is calling a trans woman a biological boy trans-phobic?
It's in The Daily Signal now. DEFINITELY transphobia.
Quote:

Female student A, who is 14 years old, told The Daily Signal in a phone interview that she was dressing for a game when the trans-identifying student began to enter the locker room. She shared that she was not wearing a shirt, only a bra, and was halfway through putting on her shorts.
“Please don’t come in here, we’re still changing,” she says she called out, as she struggled to clothe herself.
But the trans-identifying student allegedly told her that it was fine, entered the locker room, and stood in the corner “watching” as the other girls finished dressing. Female student A said that the interaction made her incredibly uncomfortable, and her mother compared the incident to “voyeurism” in a phone interview with The Daily Signal.
Asked why she took issue with the trans-identify student entering the bathroom, female student A answered slowly, as if surprised she must explain: “It’s a dude.”

Most of the girls’ teammates agreed that biological boys should not be allowed in the girls’ locker rooms, both female students told The Daily Signal.
https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/10/...e-locker-room/

Last edited by mascoma; 10-06-2022 at 07:59 AM..

Old 10-07-2022, 07:00 AM

I read something this morning where a witness to the whole thing is denying the trans student did anything wrong and that the girls were already finished dressing when she came into the locker room. Also contradicts that the offended party asked to 'please not come in here' but yelled 'get out.'

This doesn't really change my opinion about bio males being in women's dressing rooms - or restrooms - just thought I'd mention this.

BTW. Hubs and I have noticed around VT that nearly all restrooms are now unisex. One place had a great sign that showed the images of man, woman, a sasquatch, alien, etc and it said "WE DON'T CARE."

Old 10-07-2022, 10:56 AM

23,615 posts, read 70,522,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I read something this morning where a witness to the whole thing is denying the trans student did anything wrong and that the girls were already finished dressing when she came into the locker room. Also contradicts that the offended party asked to 'please not come in here' but yelled 'get out.'

This doesn't really change my opinion about bio males being in women's dressing rooms - or restrooms - just thought I'd mention this.

BTW. Hubs and I have noticed around VT that nearly all restrooms are now unisex. One place had a great sign that showed the images of man, woman, a sasquatch, alien, etc and it said "WE DON'T CARE."
That trend is even happening in the south, saints be praised! Some of the stores that had two small restrooms for the public now only have one, with the other labeled for staff use only. New construction, such as a doctors' office condo, no longer label according to sex.

It was ridiculous in the not to distant past. I remember having to have my GF stand guard while I used a women's room because the mens was out of order and had been for some time. I will NEVER forget a McDonalds in Georgia I stopped at on a trip a few years back. The women's room was closed, there was a young mother with a boy in the men's room, and I had to urinate or die. That cow (and I never use that word) was bellowing at me in Spanish the entire time, to the point I thought the police would be called. What the H did she think? After having spent years dealing with the public and crowds, my patience with some of the entitled idiots has long worn thin.

That brought to mind that at one time it was even worse. I remember a trip through the south in 1963, when in Mississippi I was chastized by an older black man in a creole dialect for using the colored outhouse.

Old 10-08-2022, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
That trend is even happening in the south, saints be praised! Some of the stores that had two small restrooms for the public now only have one, with the other labeled for staff use only. New construction, such as a doctors' office condo, no longer label according to sex.

It was ridiculous in the not to distant past. I remember having to have my GF stand guard while I used a women's room because the mens was out of order and had been for some time. I will NEVER forget a McDonalds in Georgia I stopped at on a trip a few years back. The women's room was closed, there was a young mother with a boy in the men's room, and I had to urinate or die. That cow (and I never use that word) was bellowing at me in Spanish the entire time, to the point I thought the police would be called. What the H did she think? After having spent years dealing with the public and crowds, my patience with some of the entitled idiots has long worn thin.

That brought to mind that at one time it was even worse. I remember a trip through the south in 1963, when in Mississippi I was chastized by an older black man in a creole dialect for using the colored outhouse.
I'm not certain why this wasn't the approach when the whole restroom controversy came up!

Your stories made me laugh.

I've only ever used the 'mens' room twice. Once at a concert when the line to ladies room was like 1/2 mile long!!! I ran in to the ginormous mens room with a trough for a urinal (ugh!!!!) over to the stall with a door.
The second time I was in a local pub - same scenario - long line. I decided that I identified as male at that moment and forged ahead into the mens room. I got several really dirty looks from gentlemen exiting the place...but hey! when you gotta go, you gotta go.

The color up here is beautiful Harry. We might have a couple days left if the wind holds off.

Old 10-08-2022, 12:04 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,742,859 times
I don't know what's happened to Vermont, such a beautiful state. I remember being age 14 and using the locker room and if a male had come in when we were changing, we would have practically died! We were sensitive about our changing bodies at that age and most of us were pretty shy about even having other girls look at us naked.

The person who is somewhere in between being male or female doesn't belong in either locker room, definitely not the girls. Women are losing their rights--abortion is challenged and could even be banned nationwide, boys can enter the girls locker room, and use the girls bathrooms. We can forget about privacy and respect. Dorms are co-ed.

At least interenationally, some people seem to understand that there are differences between men and women.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...letes-00040722

Old 10-09-2022, 11:33 AM

23,615 posts, read 70,522,351 times
*shrug* My college dorm in NYC was co-ed (same building, different floors) back in the late 1960s. I have no idea what Goddard had.

Internationally, at least in France, men got to **** in the streets in public. Actually, Versailles had people relieving themselves in the halls for a while (not something generally advertised in tourist brochures).

Looking around the world and back in history, much of the cultural mores around the sexes can trace back to ancient Judaism, which then flowed to Christian and Islam mores. Polynesia was quite open, the Romans were quite open, the Greeks... were the Greeks, and so on.

Prudery is, at the core, just another method of control. Break a population into two factions at odds with each other and then encourage self-policing to make control in larger areas easier. The more strict the rules are concerning interrelations, ablutions, diet, and occupations, the easier it is for those in power to stay in power and intensify their reach. We get used to certain conventions, and change is hard.

Mind you, I recognize that having social conventions can have many positive aspects, and cleanliness at a minimum keeps diseases in check. I just don't have a whole lot of energy for fighting against variations, and find it humorous that a country frightened of unisex bathrooms is also afraid of bidets.

In a way, girls' locker rooms are the equivalent of a men only club. If you don't want one, you probably don't get to keep the other. I was personally a little surprised when female reporters got access to the locker rooms of major sports teams. Again, *shrug*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: