Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:22 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,273,074 times

Advertisements

Guess we'll agree to disagree Atl Dach. Like I said, I know many people in Middlebury who are not rich and get along fine who are not in situations you suggest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 02:24 PM

8 posts, read 13,180 times
Default Just wondering...Middlebury, etc..

I have been to Middlebury once in 1984 and it seemed very liveable.
Just curious to know sbout the quality of medical care (Porter Medical, etc.)? Also, it is possible to be car-less? Is there frequent access to Burlington or Rutland for more extreme medical needs via bus or train? Many thanks in advance-

Old 01-04-2009, 02:45 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,239,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondbluey View Post
I have been to Middlebury once in 1984 and it seemed very liveable.
Just curious to know sbout the quality of medical care (Porter Medical, etc.)? Also, it is possible to be car-less? Is there frequent access to Burlington or Rutland for more extreme medical needs via bus or train? Many thanks in advance-
I live about 7 miles south so do all my shopping there(albeit I hate the traffic lol)
Porter has improved quite a bit over the years, I was on rescue and we did/they do lots of transfers Burlington and Rutland.
There are buses and cabs.
I know of a couple people who live in town that are carless.
Plus they have a shuttle bus these days.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:29 PM

8 posts, read 13,180 times
Default In response to Sumerz....

Hello:

Thank you for your comments and advice.

You mentioned buses. Is there a regularly scheduled bus between downtown Burlington, for example or only airport shuttles?

Thank you-

Old 01-05-2009, 07:32 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,239,530 times
http://www.middlebury.edu/administration/rcfia/contact/directions.htm (broken link)

There is a Vermont Transit (Greyhound affiliate) bus stop in Middlebury.

http://community.middlebury.edu/~iso/resources.html

And some other options.

burlington vt airport shuttle - Yahoo! Search Results

Middlebury Vermont Transit and Vermont Chauffeured Transportation Services - use us for your taxi, bus, cab, shuttle, or limousine transportation

Last edited by Summerz; 01-05-2009 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: add links

Old 01-05-2009, 07:50 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,273,074 times
Also, CCTA has a commuter bus between Middlebury and Burlington. CCTA: Bus Route and Schedule Information

The local bus system is ACTR

Public Transportation in Middlebury/Addison County Vermont - Addison County Transit Resources
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont