Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 06:44 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,273,074 times

Advertisements

Any fellow Vermonters plan on doing any travelling within our great state this summer?
We do lots of day trips and an occasional weekend camping. Branbury STate Park and Grand Isle State Park are our favorites for camping so far. We've got to hit up one of hte campgrounds in Groton State Forest one of these days.
We also plan on hitting up the NEK in September. The best place in VT IMO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 03:19 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,859,169 times
In July I will do a two week hike on the Long Trail from the border up near N. Troy and finish by taking a side trail out from the Camel's Hump area and walk home. Other than a brief stop in Johnson to resupply midpoint the whole time will be spent in the woods with no cell phone or news. Hopefully in September I can snag four or five days to do another section down in the Bennington/Manchester area. Other than that the rest of the summer will be spent at Ft Drum, NY and then a week down in SC/Tn.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:16 PM

2,062 posts, read 3,963,886 times
I had a bunch of plans...but our condo just got rented for three months starting next week.

My wallet does the dance of joy - summer rentals for that long in Stowe are a blessing and rare - but my heart droops with a heavy sigh. I'm taking Friday off and coming up for the weekend, even though it wasn't in the plans, but I can't miss the entire summer or I will be miserable.

And of course, it's supposed to rain all weekend.

YAY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont