Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 04:16 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,145,705 times

Advertisements

I understand there is a very new Mexican restaurant in Stowe that is supposed to be very good. It sounds like it may be more Tex/Mex than hardcore Mexican. I can't remember the name though. Let's hope it's good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 PM

2,062 posts, read 3,966,081 times
Frida's.

Ate there Memorial Day weekend.

If anything, it seemed more Latin than Tex/Mex but I'm definitely no expert on Mexican food!

It was packed, this much I can say. One of the appetizers is guacomole which the wait staff makes at your table...it looked really good but it was a huge portion and my mom and I figured we wouldn't be able to finish it. We got a calamari appetizer instead (NOT fried!) - it was very well done, had great spiciness to it.

We each had tacos...I had the fish, I want to say it was haddock but I could be wrong. My mom had a BBQ shrimp one...they were both very good.

And the flan for dessert was fantastic.

I think it will do very well...and hopefully will draw more people to Main Street instead of Route 108 and the resort. The prices were reasonable as well (for Stowe anyway!).

Old 06-10-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
Frida's.

Ate there Memorial Day weekend.

If anything, it seemed more Latin than Tex/Mex but I'm definitely no expert on Mexican food!

It was packed, this much I can say. One of the appetizers is guacomole which the wait staff makes at your table...it looked really good but it was a huge portion and my mom and I figured we wouldn't be able to finish it. We got a calamari appetizer instead (NOT fried!) - it was very well done, had great spiciness to it.

We each had tacos...I had the fish, I want to say it was haddock but I could be wrong. My mom had a BBQ shrimp one...they were both very good.

And the flan for dessert was fantastic.

I think it will do very well...and hopefully will draw more people to Main Street instead of Route 108 and the resort. The prices were reasonable as well (for Stowe anyway!).
Yes, that's the one. I'm looking forward to trying it. The out of towners
in Stowe will keep it going, I'm not sure native Vermonters even want good Mexican restaurants, they seem satisfied with the lousy ones. That
expensive mexican place down by the lake is a joke. I was hopeful when I saw the woman making tortillas by hand in the dining room, but same old same old.

Now when ever I leave the state, I always seek out a Mexican restaurant.
I'm ashamed to say the best Mexican in Burlington may very well be Moe's.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:34 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,386,618 times
Default I work just down the street and can't wait to go there

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Yes, that's the one. I'm looking forward to trying it. The out of towners
in Stowe will keep it going, I'm not sure native Vermonters even want good Mexican restaurants, they seem satisfied with the lousy ones. That
expensive mexican place down by the lake is a joke. I was hopeful when I saw the woman making tortillas by hand in the dining room, but same old same old.

Now when ever I leave the state, I always seek out a Mexican restaurant.
I'm ashamed to say the best Mexican in Burlington may very well be Moe's.
Unfortunately, it's gotten such great press (Seven Days, Burlington Free Press, etc.) that there's always a long line when I get out of work. I'm waiting for the buzz to die down a bit so I can grab an outdoor table one evening.

I've heard their Margaritas are amazing.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
I've heard their Margaritas are amazing.
Well that seals the deal, I'm going. There may be nothing more elusive in Vermont than a good Margarita. Nothing like paying seven dollars for a glass of water and lime juice.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:56 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,966,081 times
OH YEAH! I forgot about the drinks!

I was exhausted that night so didn't get one but I tried my mom's and it was delicious!

Lisa, is it bad during the week as well? It was funny, we went there at 5 just to see the menu and it was dead, then we went back at 6 and there was an hour wait. Luckily we weren't hungry so we took a long walk and came back in time for a table.

On another food related note - we tried Ocha Thai in Waterbury this weekend. Excellent.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:30 AM

13 posts, read 30,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Burlington had one very good Mexican restaurant. I can't remember the name of it, but it was on Shelburne Road ...
Yes, that was a good place. Too bad few people knew what good mexican food tasted like. I guess they didn't get enough business. It wasn't very busy whenever we visited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont