Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 05:27 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,247,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Remember a few years ago when we had mild winters and everyone was talking about global warming. Haven't heard much about that recently.
Nope, and as usual Spring here is **ballpark figure,,,, 2 months late, course by then everything on the ground is ICE due to the melt in the day and freeze at night.

I'm trying to move away lol, easier said than done, so you won't have to listen to me anymore. Probably stuck with me till next summer anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 02:31 PM

Snow, WIND! freezing rain, am I forgetting anything? Trees down everywhere. Now it's getting dark...eek.
We haven't lost power YET.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:35 PM

1,822 posts, read 5,139,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
Snow, WIND! freezing rain, am I forgetting anything? Trees down everywhere. Now it's getting dark...eek.
We haven't lost power YET.

WOW! Where are you? You just posted everything I was thinking. We don't have many trees down here but it's a mess with branches and detritus blowing everywhere. Every time the wind howls, I hold my breath about the electricity.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherylcatmom View Post

WOW! Where are you? You just posted everything I was thinking. We don't have many trees down here but it's a mess with branches and detritus blowing everywhere. Every time the wind howls, I hold my breath about the electricity.
Addison county(Salisbury), scanner has been hopping all day. Middlebury area seems the busiest, that we can hear. Not sure about other areas. Yep our yard is a mess.

Last edited by Summerz; 12-09-2009 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: fergot stuff

Old 12-09-2009, 02:48 PM

Wow. Addison's had a rough couple of days. An attorney who died in an accident yesterday lived on our street. Tragic.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:24 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,543,197 times
A 2 foot thick pine tree I had a pole leaning on for a fishercat trap snapped in half at some point yesterday after I checked it early in the morning...that had to have been a strong gust to do that, there was no rot in that tree! Other trees down all over in the woods...

Saw a lot of tow trucks out, saw a big truck partly off the road on route 7, had some fun myself on snow covered ice this morning checking traps...

But then, it is winter...

Old 12-10-2009, 06:23 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,228,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherylcatmom View Post
Wow. Addison's had a rough couple of days. An attorney who died in an accident yesterday lived on our street. Tragic.

My husband is really grieving the attorney who lived near you. She represented him during his divorce years back, and they had a good relationship. She had told him that even though she was retired, she planned to keep several of her good clients and he was one of them. He was very fond of her.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:28 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,283,219 times
That morning was rough. Had a good squall come through for about an hour and the roads got real slick. Heard the call come in on the scanner. Really too bad. I hate to hear of things like that happening. May she rest in peace.
Snowing like crazy here now. Have about 3". Only got 1" in yesterday's storm. Was down in East Middlebury today and there is some crazy wind damage - windows blown out, trees down, sheds blown around etc.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:50 PM

19 posts, read 67,613 times
I love winter also...and I will grant you it can hand us some harsh weather!!
I make maple in Fairfield above Burlington and some years the season starts at the end of Feb with two feet of snow in the woods. We use snowshoes to get around!

Old 12-10-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
My husband is really grieving the attorney who lived near you. She represented him during his divorce years back, and they had a good relationship. She had told him that even though she was retired, she planned to keep several of her good clients and he was one of them. He was very fond of her.
I'm so sorry. Good lawyers can do profound good for others. And she seemed to be a really caring one. Sounds like many people are missing her right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont