Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:47 AM

15 posts, read 68,283 times

Advertisements

I have a place in West Windsor which is rural and about 1/2 hour from WRJ and Lebanon but, it sounds like Brattleboro has more to offer!

Good luck with the move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 01:45 PM

6 posts, read 22,730 times
Thank you sugarmama!! Hoping to move before the real heat sets in here in the south. If not it is going to be a long hot summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmama! View Post
What's up with the snark?

Best wishes, taxmom, in finding your place.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:50 PM

459 posts, read 1,036,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxmom View Post
How do you "gather" that I do not plan on working?

First, I said in my post that I work from home. It usually is best to read a post before responding to it. I can do my job ANYWHERE in the country.

2nd, for all you know I am financially sound.

If I did not plan on working or not financially sound one will have to gather that you think I plan on living off the government.

Oh, btw, no never been a waitress but do know how to drive a forklift. Not that I need to. Not concerned about jobs, if I lose this one will find another way to earn money. Always managed to get by. It is the ones who sit around feeling sorry for themselves or ones who just will not work for less tha $X that get in a bind.

Oh yea... pssssttt... it is not just VT that has no jobs, nobody has jobs.
Nope.
Vermont is full of people who moved here and live off of their parents money.

The economy is obviously difficult the world over. That said, it was bad here before the recession started, and it will be bad here after the recession ends.
Why? Vermont has no "economy", we only have the hope that people from out of state will come here and spend money.

I'll read as much or as little of your post as I desire, thank you.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:43 PM

274 posts, read 673,846 times
Vermont has plenty of good hardworking people that do fine. Don't let a few people ruin your impression. It's just that Vermont is not an industrial center. But there are high tech and medical jobs. And there is a lot in Organic/Natural consumer goods relative to the population. I actually think the opportunities are quite good given the low population. Many other "vacation" areas have nothing to offer but tourist jobs. Also, it pays to be industrious here.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,662 times
Any input on living, a quiet life in Proctor, VT? Seems like a "town that was", quiet....
yet, close to much! A "pretty little town" (?)

Old 04-09-2010, 04:54 AM

1,822 posts, read 5,132,977 times
Proctor is quite lovely and, yes, very quiet. Not much happening there. Be ready to drive to nearly everything you want to do. Rutland is 15 minutes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyshadow View Post
Any input on living, a quiet life in Proctor, VT? Seems like a "town that was", quiet....
yet, close to much! A "pretty little town" (?)

Old 04-09-2010, 04:56 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BickleTravis View Post
Nope.
Vermont is full of people who moved here and live off of their parents money.

The economy is obviously difficult the world over. That said, it was bad here before the recession started, and it will be bad here after the recession ends.
Why? Vermont has no "economy", we only have the hope that people from out of state will come here and spend money.

I'll read as much or as little of your post as I desire, thank you.
I appreciate you trying to enlighten people but they have to figure it out themselves...I know I did.

And you're a native, not a 'flatlander.'

The OP has to understand there are a few niche jobs...the rest...well, I have yet to see them and YES it has gotten MUCH worse since 2008....

My over 60 neighbor got squeezed out of a 'good' job recently. Can't find a thing. (good meaning $12/hr)....this is the norm now...unless you know someone or you are farmer or something. It's a hard scrabble life for many people here.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,662 times
15 minutes...a good "remote" distance....THANKS!

Old 04-28-2010, 12:42 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,516,151 times
I loved Brattleboro when I lived there, and I love going back to visit!

Old 05-01-2010, 05:23 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,268,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxmom View Post
How do you "gather" that I do not plan on working?

First, I said in my post that I work from home. It usually is best to read a post before responding to it. I can do my job ANYWHERE in the country.

2nd, for all you know I am financially sound.

If I did not plan on working or not financially sound one will have to gather that you think I plan on living off the government.

Oh, btw, no never been a waitress but do know how to drive a forklift. Not that I need to. Not concerned about jobs, if I lose this one will find another way to earn money. Always managed to get by. It is the ones who sit around feeling sorry for themselves or ones who just will not work for less tha $X that get in a bind.

Oh yea... pssssttt... it is not just VT that has no jobs, nobody has jobs.
DC metro does. And they pay $$$$$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont