Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:05 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,301,093 times

Advertisements

The Shed would probably be a good option. It's big enough that I'm sure they can accommodate you. The food is OK (nothing memorable) and they have good beer (they brew their own). The menu has enough variety to please everyone.
Totally forgot that the Bees Knees would probably be too small. It's too bad...great place!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:46 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,976,502 times
Well, in fairness, we don't eat out every time we're up there (it is definitely not cheap) but some places we frequent are Pickwicks (not cheap), Piecasso, Charlie B's (at Stoweflake, good food, not that cheap but not pricey)...we love Ocha Thai in Waterbury and of course the Alchemist.

We just ate at Santos, the new Latin place on Mountain Road which was excellent (two apps, one margarita, one main course, two desserts - $60).

I have heard nothing but good things about Harrison's (on Main Street) but every time we try to go, it never happens for one reason or another. Frida's was pretty decent (also on Main). I'm not a fan of the Shed, but if you have kids, it works.

I'm drawing a blank on others right now, lol. I know we've eaten at a lot of other places...when I remember I'll be back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 07:57 AM

11,765 posts, read 14,720,208 times
There's a pizza place right in the center of Johnson, just a few miles from Hyde Park, called The Hub. It's a nice casual place, and they just might be able to accommodate twenty people.

I like The Alchemist, but it's pretty difficult. I'm not sure that they take reservations, and it's so popular that it's very hard to get in.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:30 AM

27 posts, read 53,605 times
The Winding Brook Bistro on Rt 100C in Johnson is AMAZING! It's small so definately get a reservation. Great atmosphere and the food is local, organic. Average plate around 18-22. It's my favorite place to go!

Winding Brook Bistro: Johnson Vermont

Old 06-01-2010, 09:55 AM

986 posts, read 2,340,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
The Winding Brook Bistro on Rt 100C in Johnson is AMAZING! It's small so definately get a reservation. Great atmosphere and the food is local, organic. Average plate around 18-22. It's my favorite place to go!

Winding Brook Bistro: Johnson Vermont
This place looks awesome! I think I might put this at the top of my suggestions. If only I got to pick the place. What's their beer selection usually like?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 AM

27 posts, read 53,605 times
My Husband and I usually get wine when we go (great selection). But they do have a full bar and micro brews on tap. As a side note there is a river with a grassy area behind which adds to atmosphere plus the kids can run around after to get out energy! I can't say enough about it!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:16 AM

986 posts, read 2,340,733 times
Just thought I'd let you guys know what we ended up doing. On Friday night, it was just 6 of us and we went to the Bee's Knees. While the food was excellent, the place was a bit warm and the service was lackluster. They weren't particularly busy from what I could tell, but our meals were not brought out at the same time. When we ordered dessert, mine was brought out and long finished before anyone else got theirs (I had to finish it as it was ice cream and melting). The waitress was nice enough, but we were not happy about the 20% gratuity automatically added to our bill. Most places around Providence will add 18%, though I tend to dislike any automatic gratuity added in.

The night after the wedding, we went to the Stone Grill. This had more of a feeling of a family restaurant inside than the trendy place it looked to be from the outside. The food was average at best. I didn't really have a say in this one, but at least it was pretty cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont