Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 06:27 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,973,115 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a occasional video gamer and I am in the market for a new system.I have a original XBOX that I jointly own with my sister but my favorite system is my 1996 Nintendo 64.I play my 64 with a cheat device.I'm leaning towards a PS2.Can you hack a modern system to have cheats without having to do the button combos.Thank you very much in advance.
-Westerntraveler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,519,304 times
It sounds like what you want is a PS2 Gameshark, I had one but I never really got to put it to use, but I remember it worked really well, like a PS1 or 64 Gameshark.

ps2 gameshark - Google Search
GameShark 2 | Springledge Entertainment, Inc.

It looks like they still sell em too, there's one on this page and I'm sure you can find plenty more online, you could also consider Action Replay but it's not really the same type of device. If you get the Gameshark they come with thousands of codes already built in for a library of games and there's plenty of sites all over the internet with pages and pages of codes you can add in yourself.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 AM

195 posts, read 186,435 times
the current generation (ps3, 360, and wii) are not really ones that feature hack devices for the most part.

The previous generation had them for both the gamecube and the PS2, the xbox had more strictly structured architecture and so iirc only featured custom saves or power saves.

If the hacking is a bug draw for you, the PS2 is likely your best bet... the code breaker use a purely software based hack method that works fairly well, and the action replay is the device designed by those who originally designed the gameshark and also is fairly reliable overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games