Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Wii U survive after the release of PS4 and Xbox1
Yes 38 67.86%
No 18 32.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 05:29 PM

3,954 posts, read 5,095,752 times

Advertisements

If Nintendo releases a new F-Zero, Star Fox or Wave Race game on the Wii U then I'm sold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 01:19 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,532,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
Wii U need to focus on hardcore multi-platform games to reel in the hardcore crowd. That's my problem with Nintendo is that they don't seem to care about 3rd party games. The exclusives are great but to have balance third party support is important. This time Nintendo can't lean on the gimmick of the original Wii and must produce games with good game-play. I see it being in 3rd place when it is all said and done and the first console of this generation to die.
Yea but the 3rd parties dont really want to fool with Nintendo and their hardware, some 3rd are trying to maintain a good business relationship, but that all they are doing is Maintaining.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:27 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,907,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Yea but the 3rd parties dont really want to fool with Nintendo and their hardware, some 3rd are trying to maintain a good business relationship, but that all they are doing is Maintaining.
Who's to blame for this relationship when Nintendo refuses to produce a console powerful enough to handle modern day titles. Wii U processor is pretty much 2005 to 2006 technology at best.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:53 AM

3,954 posts, read 5,095,752 times
I'm hearing from a lot of sources that Wii U sales have really picked up for the holidays. Most of that is on the strength of Super Mario 3D World which has gotten great critical acclaim and people who play it say it's wonderful too. I'm not a fan of platformers but if I was I'd probably buy a Wii U just to play Super Mario 3D World because it looks like mad fun in both single and multiplayer.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:13 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,867,088 times
I seriously don't know what Nintendo's marketing strategy is, they must of assumed they'd have the casual audience that came and went when the Wii was big. Perhaps Nintendo is really just an electronic toy company compared to the bigger consoles geared towards adults. Near the end of it's lifecycle you still didn't get anything beyond first party titles.

If they just released a more powerful console that's ALSO developer friendly and just two controllers, no gimmicks, they'd stand a far better chance in the market. Save the gimmicky peripherals as separate accessories.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:27 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,321,831 times
Nintendo has been absolutely naive for the past 5-10 years about the US market. They seem to think that the money is still there for their rainbow pop cartoony BS they keep pumping out. No wonder why their youth isn't interested in sex anymore. A big fat no from me.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:30 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,192,845 times
Survive, yes. Thrive, no.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:56 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,459,897 times
Is it really that hard to understand that Wii has an entirely different audience than PS4?

Comparing the two very, very different systems is silly. Wii is not intended for hard core gamers. If anything, the appeal is the opposite... it's very easy to pick up and put down... it doesn't take a lot of experience or a lot of time to enjoy playing Wii... in the homes of friends I know who have both, different members of the family have different preferences... little kids and the elderly can enjoy games on the Wii, even playing against each other... Wii fits a family-entertainment niche not really covered by hard core systems, etc.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:33 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,642,291 times
I have decided that I am going to keep the Wii U. I'm going to just accept the Wii U for what it is. I have not purchase a Wii U game since August. I do not find the PS4 or Xbox One appealing at this time. Aside from MGSV, I can play most upcoming games on PC.

I believe MGSV will eventually make its way to PC with Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain bundled together. The Witcher 3, Thief and The Evil Within are the only games I find interesting next year. They will be available on PC.

I do not care if Nintendo appeal to the masses. I'm just going to play the games excluding Super Mario 3D World and hope for a more efficient releases in the future.

Nintendo come up with ideas then don't know what to do with it. That is their issue. They really missed out on the Wii and let opportunities walk on by. They could put out stronger hardware with controllers but that is what the Gamecube was. I do not fault them for going with motion controls. It is more accurate than an analog stick but they didn't take advantage of its initial success. Metroid Prime 3 , awesome. Even Resident Evil 4 was more fun on the Wii. So much easier to aim.

Like they are having with the Wii U, they can't get anyone on board aside from a few developers. I just don't care anymore. I'll pick up games that are interesting when they are ready and just play them and that is the end of that.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:30 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,532,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I think it will, I dont think the wii is going after the same market as the other two.
Very Interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games