Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 08:18 AM

352 posts, read 325,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianator View Post
My top six list of worst video games I've ever played (all PC):

1. Robots: the video game - Based on the Disney movie Robots. Couldn't even get past the 2nd level, it was so utterly broken! Textures did not render at all and so you just had a bunch of light blue walls.
2. NHRA Drag Racing - An obvious budget title. Horribly broken.
3. Mall Tycoon 2 - Bad graphics and not much else to do.
4. Deep Sea Tycoon - Not much to do, very boring.
5. School Tycoon - Lots of illogical things in this game, for example: The biggest bathroom only accommodates 4 students, 2 male, 2 female.
6. Tycoon City NY - Yep, an Atari PC game makes the list. Three major problems: First, some textures render horribly. Second, in the "Build NY mode" you can't expand outside the first section due to a glitch that causes the game to crash. Third, you can't lose money, AT ALL. Wouldn't you love to run a business like that? The first two problems were supposedly fixed with a patch, although I never could make it work.

I only still play a few games today, and they are the best in the simulation genre IMO: Zoo Tycoon (1 and 2), as well as Rollercoaster tycoon 3 and Simcity 4. I don't play modern PC games at all, I despise the "pay to win" and microtransaction attitudes most developers have taken up. I always call modern video games "The land of the fee".

I still have a pile of old PC game discs somewhere, just gathering dust. There's probably some more junky titles in there, but I don't feel like sorting through them right now.

There is one old PC game I've been looking for at thrift stores though. I collect CDs and music, and I've been looking for a game called Britney's Dance Beat for the PC. They also made a PS2 and GBA version, but I've been looking for the one for the PC. I know I'll come across it sooner or later, I've seen plenty of cheap looking games and software there!
Tycoon City NY? Really? That's one of my all-time favorite games. They had a patch for it, so you could build NY or do the sandbox game. In fact, it's the one game I wish they would make a sequel or reboot more than any other game in history!

Car Tycoon, Dino Park Tycoon and Detroit are three others I'd love to see rebooted/remastered.

Worst game ever...hmmmm...it's hard for me to remember the worst games because I tend to only play once and then get rid of them so they fade from my memory, but I'll agree with you on the whole idiotic microtransaction nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 04:51 AM

130 posts, read 184,721 times
I would have to say NBA Live 14, horrible horrible game. Absolutely no flow. I'm not a huge NBA fan, but a basketball fan but I really couldn't even play an entire game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games