Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 06:24 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,941 times

Advertisements

So we have threads about the best games, most boring games, game genre, most hated villain, but we do not have a thread about the worst game you've played. Unless the forum search is wrong or I typed in the wrong keywords! I could not find any threads pertaining to this.

So, what is the worst game you've played? If you really want, you can tell us your top "insert number here" worst games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 06:40 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,969,035 times
Now just to wait for the 50 billion shouts of E.T. on the Atari 2600.

As for me, I've played too many bad games to count. In fact I just got done playing a knock off of Slender that was fairly bad for multiple reasons. Game grabbed my attention at the whopping price of $free, and said it was horror adventure. Downloaded it, got annoyed at the unchangable voice vs sound effect volume levels, saw it was a knock off of Slender, with a fairly lame... ghost? Monster? Being? I dunno but I uninstalled it after that. Slender never scared me after the first jump, then I just found it annoying that he was constantly in the way. Game I just played was Haunted Memories.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:48 PM

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing - I bought this game because it was titled the worst game ever made. I'll have to find it in my pc game stack some day but this game is so bad that it's hilarious. When you reverse your semi, you have unlimited speed - especially if you do donuts. If you let off the accelerator while doing unlimited speed donuts, you instantly stop. Bridges don't exist, you go right through them. A town? go right through the buildings! Mountain? your semi has no problem climbing them! Over the mountains? No problem! go outside the world after you get over the mountain side. Racing? Oh yes! the CPU races you and then STOPS before the finish line, you always finish first. Want to go on one certain map? Alright! Let the game crash. Patching the game allows you to play the map, but that's basically all that was fixed. This game is so bad that it still holds a place in my heart.

Swearing in video, but this is the beautiful game of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

Old 09-25-2014, 10:58 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,236,087 times
My top six list of worst video games I've ever played (all PC):

1. Robots: the video game - Based on the Disney movie Robots. Couldn't even get past the 2nd level, it was so utterly broken! Textures did not render at all and so you just had a bunch of light blue walls.
2. NHRA Drag Racing - An obvious budget title. Horribly broken.
3. Mall Tycoon 2 - Bad graphics and not much else to do.
4. Deep Sea Tycoon - Not much to do, very boring.
5. School Tycoon - Lots of illogical things in this game, for example: The biggest bathroom only accommodates 4 students, 2 male, 2 female.
6. Tycoon City NY - Yep, an Atari PC game makes the list. Three major problems: First, some textures render horribly. Second, in the "Build NY mode" you can't expand outside the first section due to a glitch that causes the game to crash. Third, you can't lose money, AT ALL. Wouldn't you love to run a business like that? The first two problems were supposedly fixed with a patch, although I never could make it work.

I only still play a few games today, and they are the best in the simulation genre IMO: Zoo Tycoon (1 and 2), as well as Rollercoaster tycoon 3 and Simcity 4. I don't play modern PC games at all, I despise the "pay to win" and microtransaction attitudes most developers have taken up. I always call modern video games "The land of the fee".

I still have a pile of old PC game discs somewhere, just gathering dust. There's probably some more junky titles in there, but I don't feel like sorting through them right now.

There is one old PC game I've been looking for at thrift stores though. I collect CDs and music, and I've been looking for a game called Britney's Dance Beat for the PC. They also made a PS2 and GBA version, but I've been looking for the one for the PC. I know I'll come across it sooner or later, I've seen plenty of cheap looking games and software there!

Old 09-30-2014, 12:15 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times
Ooh. I cant remember but there was this old PC game where you flew/drove this red hovercraft thing around a bunch of multi colored cubes and rectangles that was supposed to be a city or maybe the red hovercraft was the bad guy and was described by the terrible manual/backstory as a "runner." You were supposed to be fighting drugs I guess because when you shot things, little spheres would drop that you would have to pickup. You also got to get coins to upgrade your craft but grinding several levels would net you about fifty cents and the typical upgrade was like 6 grand or whatever. I cant understand why I put up with it so long.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:48 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,919,198 times
Fifth Element for PSX

Big rigs is actually pretty hilarious, which is why I wouldn't consider it the worst game. I actually enjoyed it in that regard for a little while.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ooh. I cant remember but there was this old PC game
From a quick google search it might be "Hover!" or "Ballblazer"

Hover is actually online now - Hover!

Old 10-01-2014, 06:19 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,905,436 times
The latest installments of NBA Live. NBA Live has been so bad of late that I can't even make it past the first quarter when trying NBA LIVE 14.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
From a quick google search it might be "Hover!" or "Ballblazer"

Hover is actually online now - Hover!
Nah, I want to say it started with an R, like Revolution, or Rendezvous - I'm not sure. I think one of the big selling points the developer claimed was a digitized sound track. This would have been right when the Adlib and SoundBlaster were new and most people didn't have one and this company found a way to get digitized sound out of the tinny PC speaker.

Maybe.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:55 PM

It is Resolution 101.

Absolutely terrible. And yes, that stupid song plays through the entire game, non stop, menus and all, no matter what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePj2kXKMtsk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games