Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 12:19 PM

407 posts, read 829,931 times

Advertisements

Loved Skyrim on the 360 and when I heard it was coming out for the Xbox One, I nearly fainted

/Needless to say I play it religiously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 08:24 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
In the Hearthfire add-on, what do you think is the most dangerous homestead to build your house on?

I've spent a lot of time on the one next to a lake and the one close to Whiterun. Almost every time I travel to the one next to the lake, I get attacked by bandits, wild animals or giants (I even have no livestock). I've never had attacks from my house close to Whiterun.
I just wanted to say that I do not understand how they program the attacks. There are certain areas where I have had very few dragon attacks and other areas where I get attacked all of the time. Dragons like Dawnstar or Dragon Bridge; but not so much Riften - perhaps the inhabitants taste better?

After you reach higher levels you wished that you were attacked more often. After about 1700 hours on the game (what Steam reported); I think of the beginning days, with the lower levels, as the best days on Skyrim. When you get killed with almost every turn in the road and you do not know what to expect; they were my most enjoyable times. However; when you do reach the higher levels it is fun just to make sure you did not miss anything and there are many things that one can miss.

Once you go to the end (if you want to call it the end); you can always start over and try another race or skill. I love this game and I wish there were more that are similar. I have all of the expansion to the Elder Scrolls and I have the Online version - I cannot get enough. I have tried other similar games; but Skyrim is the best!

Old 11-28-2016, 02:31 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
When you exit that cave from the Helgen escape for the first time, with all the possibilities/unknowns laid out in front of you, is probably my greatest gaming feeling ever. Hard to believe that was 5 years ago.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:33 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times
Meh, after playing The Witcher 3, the ES series can't even come close to the fulfillment I got out of TW3. Plus, why do people act like Skyrim is this massive game when Oblivion offered a map that was much larger and didn't force you to join broken ass guilds in order to enter certain places? The guilds in Oblivion were way better, too!

Old 07-07-2019, 11:29 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
As they have Skyrim VR for the PS4, I am intrigued.

Never played an Elder Scrolls game but might be worth checking out.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:54 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As they have Skyrim VR for the PS4, I am intrigued.

Never played an Elder Scrolls game but might be worth checking out.
I am playing Skyrim currently in PS4 on PSVR, so I will not see the sunlight again for a few months.
I'm not really a fan of the genre because you just have to play it for so long, but I really had to give it a go to see what they hype is about - and it is nothing short of amazing, you are literally walking into the world of Skyrim - castles, temples, valleys and mountains. Dragans are huge, spiders are frightening. If you play with the move controllers you can direct a fire spell from literally your left hand in one direction, and weld a sword with your right in another. 30 hours or so in I still gasp in amazement many times and just walk around and stare.

This is the full game, with what I understand to also included all DLC. The graphics are not PS4 quality, more like PS3 because of the limitations of the hardware, but it's all there. If you are a fan of skyrim you could just about justify the expense of PSVR alone for Skyrim.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I am playing Skyrim currently in PS4 on PSVR, so I will not see the sunlight again for a few months.
I'm not really a fan of the genre because you just have to play it for so long, but I really had to give it a go to see what they hype is about - and it is nothing short of amazing, you are literally walking into the world of Skyrim - castles, temples, valleys and mountains. Dragans are huge, spiders are frightening. If you play with the move controllers you can direct a fire spell from literally your left hand in one direction, and weld a sword with your right in another. 30 hours or so in I still gasp in amazement many times and just walk around and stare.

This is the full game, with what I understand to also included all DLC. The graphics are not PS4 quality, more like PS3 because of the limitations of the hardware, but it's all there. If you are a fan of skyrim you could just about justify the expense of PSVR alone for Skyrim.
Thanks, I might just go ahead and get it.

Since it's Bethesda, I'm sure I'll like it since it's an open world game. I've played Witcher 3 and loved that so maybe it might be similar in some ways especially the setting.

Old 07-09-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I might just go ahead and get it.

Since it's Bethesda, I'm sure I'll like it since it's an open world game. I've played Witcher 3 and loved that so maybe it might be similar in some ways especially the setting.
The only thing I would add to it is you have a choice of using the two move motion controllers, or the regular PS4 dualshock controller (DS3).
There is a huge learning curve in using the move controllers as you use it to move, to fight, to select items in your menu, etc. I simply could not do it particularly in the complex menu selection process and went back to the regular controller. However I have read using the moves is incredibly immersive once you get used to it. Things like casting a spell as I mentioned and shooting arrows (which you do by pulling your right hand back and aiming with your left - exactly like shooting an arrow), raising your shield, etc. I don't feel I lost that much however.
I played Witcher 3 and yes it is very similiar. You don't play this game, you escape into this game. I got married now and have two adopted daughters in the game. A little home in Whiterun...

Old 07-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The only thing I would add to it is you have a choice of using the two move motion controllers, or the regular PS4 dualshock controller (DS3).
There is a huge learning curve in using the move controllers as you use it to move, to fight, to select items in your menu, etc. I simply could not do it particularly in the complex menu selection process and went back to the regular controller. However I have read using the moves is incredibly immersive once you get used to it. Things like casting a spell as I mentioned and shooting arrows (which you do by pulling your right hand back and aiming with your left - exactly like shooting an arrow), raising your shield, etc. I don't feel I lost that much however.
I played Witcher 3 and yes it is very similiar. You don't play this game, you escape into this game. I got married now and have two adopted daughters in the game. A little home in Whiterun...
I got it last night and started this morning.

I lasted until right after I walk into a building to escape the flying dragon. As I was looking for a sword, I had that disturbed feeling in my stomach, felt woozy, and had to stop. Felt sick for about an hour after that. This is very immersive especially as you fully move everywhere.

I hope to get some tolerance soon.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I got it last night and started this morning.

I lasted until right after I walk into a building to escape the flying dragon. As I was looking for a sword, I had that disturbed feeling in my stomach, felt woozy, and had to stop. Felt sick for about an hour after that. This is very immersive especially as you fully move everywhere.

I hope to get some tolerance soon.
Oh man, that's bad as you are still in the introduction. There are comfort settings - click turning and you can disable smooth move. Less immersive but the features are there.
I can't remember if there is a blinders setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games