Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 12:11 PM

3,924 posts, read 6,839,150 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
Just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same issues I am regarding XOne Headsets! ITS SO FRUSTRATING!

Any advice is also appreciated!

I got my XOne around 3 years ago. Initially I used my iPhone headset for gaming and it worked fine. Eventually, for some reason, it just stopped working. I figured it was the controller so I bought a new controller but it still didn't work.

After the iPhone headset stopped working I bought a cheap turtle beach headset (Ear Force Recon 50). After only a couple of months that headset also started seeing issues. People I would game with would complain about a loud pitch or feedback of sorts.

Eventually I decided it was time to invest in a better headset, one that hopefully would last longer. After reading reviews I settled on buying the HyperX. Within only a couple of weeks that headset also started giving feedback during sessions. I was unable to hear any of it. Given the issues with each headset, I again thought perhaps this was due to my controller so I purchased a third controller. No such luck.

Do you all know why I can't seem to find a good headset?!? Any recommendations on the fourth headset I should try?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 06:01 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Headphones + ModMic.

I use Superlux 668B ($45) + ModMic ($45-70 MSRP, usually a bit less retail). I have the ModMic 4, the older design. ModMic 5 has an option for USB sound card. If you have a crappy laptop or motherboard without and sound card, you'd be better off with that (or buying a sound card) so you can isolate from interference.

Superlux 668Bs are good for the price, the standard budget go-to. They'll sound a lot better than almost any gaming headset at any price, although there's a few that aren't awful now. They aren't Beyerdynamic or Hifi. If you've got some more money Beyerdynamic 770/880/990 or Hifiman HE-400I. From there you get serious diminishing returns. The $500+ headphones aren't much better. They're really pointless without an AMP/DAC which is another $200 to several thousand.

Never mind, you're probably on a console so don't go with USB and don't bother. 668B and ModMic 4. You'll need a splitter. You can get them online although if you have a guitar shop around you they might have one for a buck. The feedback may be from your console. Nothing is going to fix that but getting a new one. You could try putting it on a different circuit from your TV, if practical, or getting a new power strip or cheap UPS to isolate any voltage spikes. That or just get really long cords and a USB soundcard, assuming that will even work on an console? No idea.

Last edited by Malloric; 09-05-2018 at 06:26 PM..

Old 09-12-2018, 03:45 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post

Do you all know why I can't seem to find a good headset?!? Any recommendations on the fourth headset I should try?!?
Dont go cheap with your gaming headset. I have a Sennheiser Game One that I bought new a $200+ dollars a few years ago. Still use it today. https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-50.../dp/B00GWU8FTK

Quality of both sound and mic are superb even though they could upgrade the quality of pieces they use (some parts broke that required I repair), but the sound is fantastic.

My advice is to go over as many gaming headset reviews you can find for 2018, and get the most expensive ones you can afford. Expect to pay no less than $150 - $175 though if you want real quality.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:51 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,518 times
I am partial to Plantronic's gaming headsets, or any of their headsets to be honest. The Creative Fatal1ty 3.5 set wasn't bad, but is out of production so expect to pay a premium if you can find them. I tried going with a pair of Turtle Beach PX22s, absolutely 150% garbage. Don't get me wrong, they sounded good, and they were comfortable. But they broke within a month.

I replaced them with a Plantronics Gamecom 780, and aside from lacking a little bass, they worked beautifully. Surround sound, comfortable, and lasted me about 2 years before the wire started crapping out on me, (which was my own fault for not paying attention, the wire got caught under my chair more times than I can count.) When I replaced those, I didn't even bother seeking another brand, I just went back to Plantronics and picked up a RIG 515 HD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games