Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,488,519 times

Advertisements

Someone borrowed me some The Sims games (original)

Sims 3
Katy Perry
Animals
Late night
Supernatural.

I installed Sims 3, and it works OK, but when I try to install expansion they don't work. I tried first with late night, and when the game and the chosen city is loading the game closes itself and the computer goes back to the desk screen.

With other expansion the games says I have to install the first game (Sims 3) but it is already installed!!!

And other times it says "sims3launcher.exe not found"

Does anyone know any possible solution for this??

Sometimes game asks me to update the game or EA games, and I do it but it fails...

Sometimes I feel I am having the same problem as if the game was fake but it is not, so I don't know what to do.

Any help??

Regards

-------------------------------------------------

And now in Spanish in case people understand...

Me han dejado los Sims 3 con 4 expansiones que son:

Los sims 3
Katy Perry
Vaya fauna
Al caer la noche
Supernatural

El caso es que he instalado primero el Sims 3 y después expansiones pero no me deja jugar, al instalar el de caer la noche cuando carga se autocierra, y los demás ni siquiera me deja abrirlo y me pide que reinstale el original.

¡Pero el original ya está instalado!

¿Alguien encuentra solución o le ha pasado? He instalado y desinstalado varias veces y nada, que no funciona.
¿O cada vez que instalo uno debería jugar antes de instalar expansión?

Los sims simples si me funcionan, pero en cuanto le meto una expansión da fallo, o me pide que instale el primero (que ya esta dentro) no sé que mas hacer ya.

Los fallos mas comunes que tengo son:

Que instale los Sims principal (ya está instalado)...
O que no encuentra el archivo simslauncher.exe
O que necesito actualizar, actualizo y sigue sin ir.

¿Alguien podría ayudarme? aparte de ello entiendo muy poco de ordenadores pero las instalaciones las hago bien, con CD originales no debería tener problemas.

Saludos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM

258 posts, read 421,996 times
There could have been something that went wrong with your install. I would try to uninstall the game entirely and then reinstall the base game and see if it works again.

It is also possible that your computer doesn't support the game with the expansion packs. What are the specifications of your system? It could be the processor speed, or not enough memory. If your operating system is Vista that could contribute, as well, there's different system requirements to play the game if you have Vista.

~Katy

Old 10-06-2013, 03:44 PM

93 posts, read 204,873 times
While you do have to install TS3 first, all the others don't have to be in order. (the order I get them depends on my budget and interest at the moment)

I don't know if you have fixed your problem, But usually what you can do is make a copy of your saved games (which are default in the My documents folder under TS3). Then uninstall all of your games then reinstall and make sure you know wher the games are being installed. My TS3 games are on several different partitions on the desktop PC but the registry knows where each of the games are. My TS3 games are fully installed on XP Pro desktop and also a laptop running on Windows 7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games