Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2024, 04:39 PM

216 posts, read 258,333 times

Advertisements

I've done Sandbox VR several times now and loved it (except UFL - don't waste your time/money on that game), looking to explore other options for VR in the Bay Area (and elsewhere). I'm wondering if there are other options not shown on Google Maps because I discovered that it doesn't show everything when searching for "VR". Only interested in the setups that can't easily be replicated with VR at home - experiences similar to Sandbox. Not interested in escape rooms.

Found on Google Maps:
  • Sandbox VR - multiple locations - this would probably be considered the most mainstream option and a great introduction to VR.
  • Battleground VR (Anvio) - SF - has much larger arenas than Sandbox, same price ($50-55) for a 30 min game.
  • Black Box VR Fitness - SF - looks awesome but realistically this is only an option SF residents. Anyone know if this is being developed for home use?
Not found on Google Maps:
  • Omni Arena - Scandia Golfland in Fairfield - has the omni-directional treadmill which I've wanted to try for years. $15 for first game, $10 after. 7-9 min per game.
  • Dave & Buster's - multiple locations - ride-based VR. Current games are Top Gun and Transformers. I think it's $5 for 5 min but can't confirm this because the website doesn't show it.
You'd think that ever major player in the industry would have a presence here but unfortunately that isn't the case. The nearest Zero Latency locations are in Reno, Rancho Cucamonga and Las Vegas. Hologate claims to have 450+ locations worldwide but oddly doesn't list any on their website. Those are the only other companies I know of and would be open to other suggestions for VR outside of the area when traveling. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games