Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:54 PM

83 posts, read 313,099 times

Advertisements

what are the most underrated video games you have ever played?

Chrono trigger: i really wouldn't classify this games as underrated, but compared to final fantasy games, this game fell under the radar in the final stages of the 16 bit era. i would even go as far to saying this game is even better than final fantasy 7 as far as originality at the time, and i still rank this game as one of thebest role playing games ever made.

eternal sonata: this is one of the most underrated games ever released for x box 360 ever. the gameplay gets waaay too repetitive, and i get lost easily on some parts of the game making me having to start the game all over from the beginning. but all in all, it is currently the best rpg game released on a next generation system by far.

lost odysseyy: this game fell waaaay under the radar early in 2008, and was not marketed like the more mainstream x box games, but this game is really good, and the story of this game keeps me interested until the final boss. the diffulty level of this game is very high, and thats the onluy drawback of this game.

samurai showdown 2: most underrated fighting game of all time. they need to make a new samurai showdown, for next gen systems, but it will never happen due snk folding in the late 90s early 2000s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,588,669 times
Xenogears, a Squaresoft RPG released for the PS1 in the late 90s. The storyline was a sheer mind-fvck, it was like a Philip K. Dick novel in video-game form. Due to its controversial subject matter (one of its central themes was questioning the existence of God and the nature of existence), it only saw limited release in the US. It's probably too intellectual and philisophical for most videogame players and its plot was very complex.

Best video game ever made, in my opinion, and it has more of a cult-following now, where its die-hard fans still mull over the plot and its meaning.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:30 AM

177 posts, read 456,940 times
One of the most underrated games I have ever played has to be DiD's: Total Air War. This is one of the most realistic (from my limited knowledge) Air power sim's ever released.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:44 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,404,673 times
Recently- Battlefield Bad Company and GRAW2....both overshadowed by more popular shooters

Old 01-08-2009, 01:53 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,916,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Recently- Battlefield Bad Company and GRAW2....both overshadowed by more popular shooters
Yes BBC. I played that multiplayer for a few days and subsequently put COD4 in the drawer and never played it again.

I don't think I can play an online shooter without destructable environments again, or ones that had tiny maps like only a city block, it really changed the whole playing field of online shooters.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,051,460 times
Say what you want, but Shadow the Hedgehog. I know, I know. FOMG BLACK HEDGEHOG WITH GUNZ RAAAACIIIIIISSSSMMMM!!!11

But the gameplay mechanics were actually DECENT. Alot of the guns and weapons were fun to use, and the story was pretty good as well.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 PM

83 posts, read 313,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Xenogears, a Squaresoft RPG released for the PS1 in the late 90s. The storyline was a sheer mind-fvck, it was like a Philip K. Dick novel in video-game form. Due to its controversial subject matter (one of its central themes was questioning the existence of God and the nature of existence), it only saw limited release in the US. It's probably too intellectual and philisophical for most videogame players and its plot was very complex.

Best video game ever made, in my opinion, and it has more of a cult-following now, where its die-hard fans still mull over the plot and its meaning.
xenogears had one of the best kombat systems in role playing video games. having sweet martial arts moves to go along with controlling a badass robot makes for a great game. i owned this game back in the good ole days, but i sold it on ebay for alot more than i paid for it. ($50 dollars). this game is probably worth more than that now though.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:40 PM

905 posts, read 2,402,686 times
Final Fantasy Tactics for PS. This game is simply the best FF ever, and one of the best games overall ever made. You also can't be an idiot and be able to actually play/understand this game. There is so much involved in playing it correctly and understanding each class, you can play it over and over again.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:11 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,705,682 times
Xenogears, i doubt was underrated. It only took a hardcore RPG fan to really enjoy the game, that's why it wasn't as popular as it was.

Underrated game... i just had it in my head...ah there it is. Valkrie Profile was a really hidden gem that not a lot of people played. You didn't have to be a hardcore RPG gamer to enjoy the game either. Simple controls, voice acting, and beautiful colors used.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:38 AM

3,954 posts, read 5,096,895 times
Default F-Zero GX will ownz joo all

F-Zero GX is possibly the best, and most difficult, racing game ever but was overlooked because it was released on the Nintendo GameCube. Thank God it’s being rediscovered and appreciated thanks to the Nintendo Wii’s backwards compatibility with GC software.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games