Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What size iPod Touch should I get
8 GB 3 20.00%
16 GB 2 13.33%
32 GB 5 33.33%
Other 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:48 PM

9,531 posts, read 9,853,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
Personally, I would not trust any 9 year old with an Ipod of any sort. They are easy to lose and easily stolen. I've had all my Ipods stolen from me at least once (twice right in front of me). All three times was when I was around a small group of people.

Sure she may only use it around you or at home, but it is tempting to show off a brand new Ipod touch. If you trust her with ANY Ipod, then you should be able to trust with an Touch in my opinion.

32gb is just way too much. 16gb will be sufficient to cover enough songs, videos, games but I think 8gb is just right for her age. Even though it won't have as many contents as what she has right now, it good enough for her age.
I agree with this poster. If you still buy one, make sure you get a case/cover so when she drops it it may prevent damage.

I also suggest one of those Reward if Found labels, so if she leaves it at school you may stand a chance of getting it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 07:10 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,744,110 times
I am going to wait on the New IPOD Touch. If it comes with a Microphone, at least she can use VOIP. Otherwise, it will need a 3rd party microphone attached to its jack. The camera feature, I wouldn't care for too much.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:48 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,744,110 times
The new iPod Touch came out so I ended up getting the 32 GB for $280. The 16GB was $250 so $30 more for double the internal memory was a simple decision.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:17 PM

16 posts, read 75,941 times
I selected "Other" because you are downright INSANE for wanting to buy your daughter an iPod Touch. No matter HOW responsible she is, you must remember that she is only nine and something WILL happen to it. I say you buy her a netbook instead ^^

Sorry if this angers OP, but I just find it really ridiculous when people want to buy their kids stuff like this because it will get lost/stolen/broken/FORGOTTEN (and then she will make the box into a dollhouse).
I'm not a parent, but family friends all have kids (from all different ethnicities and economic backgrounds), and any time they have been bought something expensive that is portable, something "unfortunate" has happened to it. (So please don't try to play that card with me ^_^)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games