Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite current Generation Console?
Xbox 360 37 43.53%
Wii 15 17.65%
Playstation 3 33 38.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 09:37 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times

Advertisements

Oooooooo.....haven't seen this before....... looks freaking awesome....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 12:21 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Oooooooo.....haven't seen this before....... looks freaking awesome....
I just got it man, it is awesome. This is my initial reviews:

Had KZ3 on preorder, sitting in the store for weeks, finally picked it up. Then went to WallyWorld and picked up the Sharpshooter (gun you are looking at). There are several gun accessories for the PS3. This one looked to be the best. 1.) It's made by Sony, or from Sony's designs, and lets face it no 3rd party has yet to make a controller equal to the Sony original game pad. and, 2.) This actually plugs into the gun and has internal wiring, etc, to the trigger and other buttons. Not simply a plastic tube.

First impression - sturdy plastic, size is good for an adult, everything snaps in easily and precisly, it feels good to handle, but it's a bit front heavy. Note: You also need a move navigation controller.
Configuration is easy enough, and the KZ3 has a variety of sensitivity options (crosshairs, turn speed, x axis, y axis, etc). I am still dialing those in. Playing: You move with your left hand on the navigation controller and the barrel to both aim and move your direction. The movement is the toughest part to master, with the pad the aim is fixed at the center of the screen, with the move its fluid - you can aim to both sides of the screen and then it will move your direction. This makes it to easy to overshoot your aim when turning then you have to correct to your target. But, this is not much different from using a mouse. It is very very precise, where you aim on the screen, it fires. You do have a crosshair on the screen as well. However, I actually turned off all optional aim assist modes, it was too easy.

All controls are easily accessable and intuitive. The trigger and crouch are at your right hand, moving and changing weapons are at your left hand. Jumping is up at your right hand as well but it's a bit above the trigger. Reloading is by pumping the left hand pump (or you can slap the bottom of the magazine to simulate slapping in a clip). I really like this feature. Note that I am right handed, the gun has controls on both sides if you are left handed and you would simply reverse that above.

I had been playing this sitting down, which you can do, but I found my accuracy, ability to turn, and immersion greatly increased by playing with it standing up in front of my 50 inch HD TV. The biggest benifit of this so far has been in the immersion factor and fun factor. It is seriously fun and you feel like you are in the battle.
Now, I have about an 1 1/2 hours into the controller and I find my skills improving. I have not used it for MP yet. There is a learning curve, particularly to moving, but I found a combination of using the left hand move button and barrel movement that works for me. Other users in the forums say it will take about 4 hours to get over the curve. After that - well, compare the precision of a mouse usage to a game pad usage. Drawbacks? - well I imagine it will be tiring holding the gun for hours on end.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:41 PM

126 posts, read 102,205 times
I voted 360.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:59 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
I'd have to say the Wii... games that will hold your level of interest longer, more fun for a bunch of people, and low barrier to entry. It does just what it says to do. Next, 360, easily the best *major* must have games. the last? ps3.

PS3 for me has been an epic failure of what it is "supposed" to be able to handle.
Of course they got hacked... but that isn't all.
I was a Sony person from like 1997 from original PS One, from about 10 years... before that had Nes/SNES...sony definitely was ahead of the curve, but not anymore..I think Sony has become very much like the Microsoft Windows of the PC world.
I got it as the "center of my entertainment" as that is what it is as billed as.
I play games casually, extra controllers are uber expensive...
The PS3 web browser is complete GARBAGE, probably to do it only has 256 ram...but really, it is garbage, so many sites it doesn't handle, opening a few pages causes memory outage.
Streaming... PS3 just does not play nicely with other streaming devices... I have windows boxes, linux boxes, ipod touch, apple computer, laptops... They all play nicely with eachother? PS3? forget about it... even when one works, it is so horribly slow to load a big media collection and won't play with an Itunes share whatsoever. my ipod touch streams netflix better and loads web pages faster than the ps3, that is just laughable.
Supposed to be a cheaper bluray player, well, that advantage is now gone, blu rays are dirt cheap.
Way too many forced system updates over the last year, causing me to sit down and want to watch netflix or play a game, only to have to wait do download some massive update.

It might have some interesting games, but it fails in what it set out to do. I don't know, maybe 360 is better at this, but PS3 has major issues.

Needless to say, sorry sony you lost me on this one... the ps3 reminds me a lot of what the Sega Dreamcast set out to do and failed miserably at.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:22 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
The Wii U, because its the console version of the DS.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:05 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,697,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreidi View Post
My favorite is the Xbox 360. I liked the introduction of gamer tags, the accumulation of points for games played, and the Xbox Live experience. In addition, it also got many of the Cool/Must play games such as Halo and Gears of War.
That about sums it up for me as well.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 PM

101 posts, read 288,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
That about sums it up for me as well.

But the Playstation has better graphics and sometimes better exclusives, but I'm really interested to see what is going to happen with the new Star Wars Kinect game thats getting released for Christmas. No controller and get a light saber sounds like a winning combo to me

Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM

88 posts, read 132,695 times
PS3. Most powerful of the three systems (although developers still wont program FOR it, and keep porting Xbox games over to it. ugh.). BluRay, which is every bit as excellent as people say it is. Free online gaming. Extremely low system failure rate. etc etc etc.

They haven't even tapped more than 40% of the potential of the hardware and disc space yet. There's nothing on Xbox that can compare, when you go apples-to-apples.

360 is definitely a nice machine, but when you factor in what you're getting for what you are you paying over the life of the system, PS3 IMO is a far better choice for the long-term.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Way too many forced system updates over the last year, causing me to sit down and want to watch netflix or play a game, only to have to wait do download some massive update.
That statement is curious - System updates can only be a good thing because they update software codecs for the blueray player, or add new features (essentially -free improvements).
And, most importantly, you have an option to turn the automatic updates off and only update when and if you want.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:58 PM

88 posts, read 132,695 times
And don't forget, those system updates that update the BR player? Keep the PS3 as one of the FEW BR players that will be able to play next-gen BRs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games