Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 PM

1,341 posts, read 6,187,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
Those are some amazing pictures. The landscape sort of has that New England look to it without the extremes of the seasons. The fences, though, give off that southern flavor!
I hate white vinyl fence I had another 1,000' of this stuff and I took it out and stored it until the local therapeutic riding center could pick it up (I donated it to them). The other 600' still standing will be replaced over the winter with a proper wood rail fence like the one I put up in a new run-in field last winter:

http://www.pecorfamily.com/images/RuninProject_E3E7/Blog20070117RuninShed1.jpg (broken link)

Sean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 06:49 AM

267 posts, read 1,674,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaman View Post
except right now it is so humid and hot...it makes it miserable to set foot outside.
That is so temporary and such a small portion of the summer. As a matter of fact, the humidity is lower now due to the cool front that is moving through. This area is no worse than anywhere else on the east coast.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:42 PM

10 posts, read 36,243 times
Default Virginia......

Those pictures truly capture what Virginia is all about......I live in Northern VA, and if I relocate elsewhere it would definitely be around Madison County and other areas around the Blue Ridge......makes me want to move down there right this minute! Although NOVA is okay....it lacks the beautifly rolling hills, and blue ridge mnts. that represents VA so finely.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:20 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,795,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briddygirl View Post
Those pictures truly capture what Virginia is all about......I live in Northern VA, and if I relocate elsewhere it would definitely be around Madison County and other areas around the Blue Ridge......makes me want to move down there right this minute! Although NOVA is okay....it lacks the beautifly rolling hills, and blue ridge mnts. that represents VA so finely.
They have lots of rolling hills in western Loudoun County. When you get west of Leesburg its a lot nicer.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,464 times
hay there everyone,
i'm from Belgium(EU),I'm just graduated and i'm looking to move to the usa but I want to find my dream location, and I could use some help with that. I'm looking for a place that is hot(more or less 30°C/92°F ) during the summer but snowy during the winter. From here real estate brokers can tell me fantastic stories but I'm looking for some honest suggestions...

grtz Nathan

Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 AM

228 posts, read 796,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Those are some amazing pictures. The landscape sort of has that New England look to it without the extremes of the seasons. The fences, though, give off that southern flavor!
That's what I was thinking! Great Photos, thanks for sharing.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 AM

823 posts, read 3,688,129 times
What are the summers like in the Roanoke area?

Old 01-15-2010, 09:16 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,889,220 times
It's all relative. I've heard folks complain that Virginia summers are "horribly hot and humid". I'm originally from Mississippi and have spent a lot of time in the deep south. Nothing about summer in Virginia feels hot to me. But I'm used to the truly sweltering heat and humidity in Mississippi/Georgia/Alabama/Florida. 100+ days are common in the deep south. Factor in the humidity and it can be miserable.

I've heard folks refer to our winters in Virginia as "mild". I think they are long and cold. Compared to the deep south, winter here is long and cold. But we also did four years in Indiana. Virginia winters are mild compared to Indiana's.

I would describe Virginia's climate as moderate. You get warm weather in the summer. Some snow in the winter. And a defined springtime and summertime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia