Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,102,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
OK but Maryland is a Southern State.....

If it doesn't look like a duck, if it doesn't quack like a duck, how then, could it be a duck?

Old 11-15-2011, 09:19 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,406,048 times
It is soo funny how these anti-Maryland folx keep arguing with useless BS to justify why they don't want to accept the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State........

Old 11-15-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
I'm not a Maryland Hating Extremist, nor am I from the Deep South, or even the South for that matter. As to Civil War bitterness...I am only interested in distinguishing fact from fiction.
And what your spewing about Maryland not being a Southern State is Totally 100% Pure Fiction.........

Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
If it doesn't look like a duck, if it doesn't quack like a duck, how then, could it be a duck?
What that gotta do with the FACT that Maryland is a Southern State.......

Old 11-15-2011, 09:25 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,102,464 times
Quote:
It is soo funny how these anti-Maryland folx keep arguing with useless BS to justify why they don't want to accept the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State........
The only useless BS i'm picking up is from you. So you're telling me that historical fact, numerous professional linguistic maps, religious demographics by the Census Bureau, and political make-ups, are not indicators, especially when all four point to not southern, are also BS? Tell me, where's your contradictory evidence showing these maps and facts to be wrong? We've given plenty of reasons why Maryland is not Southern. All you have given is your opinion and a line created two hundred years ago to not even represent a division of North and South. Oh..and you've hijacked this thread, as has your friend.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:44 PM

797 posts, read 1,432,595 times
Last defense i didnt know i was playing defense?? You are playing with opinions and facts the facts are that goverment classifies Maryland as southern buddy and your reason for them doing so is that they dont want to mess with the mason dixon line which also puts Maryland in the south is hilarious!! And about your duck theory Richmond, Alexandria, D.C. and Baltimore look alot alike explain this please..

Last edited by Diff1; 11-15-2011 at 10:02 PM..

Old 11-15-2011, 09:47 PM

I think alot of ppl have an inferior complex with being southern because once a place is not stereotypical southern all of a sudden ALL the historical facts just up and disappear.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:47 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,691,757 times
Quote:
What that gotta do with the FACT that Maryland is a Southern State.......
Where are your FACTS? I'm not taking a side if it's a southern state or not. Honestly I haven't ever been there. You don't seem to be able to come up with any facts however. What makes Maryland southern?

I do know H.L. Mencken was born and lived in Baltimore, and he despised the south.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:55 PM

Its like Virginia saying its not southern because the state under it (North Carolina) has more southern traits if this pattern keeps going one no1 will be southern any more!!

Old 11-15-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
The only useless BS i'm picking up is from you. So you're telling me that historical fact, numerous professional linguistic maps, religious demographics by the Census Bureau, and political make-ups, are not indicators, especially when all four point to not southern, are also BS? Tell me, where's your contradictory evidence showing these maps and facts to be wrong? We've given plenty of reasons why Maryland is not Southern. All you have given is your opinion and a line created two hundred years ago to not even represent a division of North and South. Oh..and you've hijacked this thread, as has your friend.
No, you are just spewing baseless BS just to justify the biased opinion against the FACT that Maryland is a Southern State......

It would be a lot easier for you and your few "Maryland ain't Southern" opinionated friends to openly admit that you don't like the state of Maryland and do not wish to have an association with Maryland and refuse to accept the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State......

But for shock value ya just keep dragging the useless spewing of anti-Maryland tirade of making looong script of nonsense excuses to justify useless opinions against the FACT that Maryland is a Southern State....

No one is Hijacking this thread because Everyone agrees to the FACT that Virginia is a Southern State however since Virginia is part of the DMV Maryland is also going to be including in this because it is part of Virginia and DC which Maryland is also a Southern State like Virginia.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia