Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 06:15 AM

9 posts, read 21,713 times

Advertisements

Just moved to the Town of Front Royal. I'm going to research a bit but does anyone have suggestions on Phone + Internet providers intown? I'm not interested in TV. Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,384 times
Default Phone Internet in Front Royal

I see that no one answered your question. Since it was over a month ago, I was wondering if you found an answer. I have been reading the forums and am thinking of relocating down to VA from the northeast. But its a big step. I'm confused by all that I read. Is it safe? Are the people nice and friendly?

Old 05-08-2011, 07:25 PM

501 posts, read 1,192,399 times
From what I've read while researching, Comcast is the provider for Front Royal. People are friendlier there as well. :-) We are looking to move to Winchester/Stephens City, but are also considering perhaps Warrenton, Gainesville, Haymarket and Leesburg......I just can't get many responses to my posts either.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,196 times
OK, I just found this site and read thru some of the threads. I will try to help a little with what info I have regarding your questions.
Yes, Comcast is the Internet Proviser for most of the area. The other options are there but require dishes, etc.
My wife and I live about 4 miles out of Front Royal towards Middletown. Our landline phones are serviced by Verison. There used to be a system where your local service was provided by one company and longdistance was provided by another. Not sure about that now. I use my cell phone for all phone calls in and out. My wife uses the house phones for her personal and business needs. And she handles the bills so I am a bit short on exact info on the phones.
Rappahannock Rural Elec Coop is the power co for most of if not all of Warren County. Front Royal has their own municipal power/elec dept.
My wife and I have lived where we are presently since the mid 1980's. My Mothers family moved into Warren County in the early 1900's, around the 20's and 30's my Grandfather, his sister, and 2 of his brothers filtered into the area from England by way of WV, Md, and Pa, with his sister being the first to settle in Warren County. Her Daughter, my 2nd cousin, just passed away a few months ago at the age of 92. She lived on her own up until the last 2 weeks of her life, mostly being self -sufficient, and with help from friends and neighbors.
My Father's family settled in Frederick County in the early 1800's. That is where I was born at. Both Frederick and Warren County have changed tremendously from what I remember them to be as a child. But, there aren't many places that haven't.
That being said, for location, Warren would be a little less expensive then Frederick,Stephen City, Winchester, and any location to the East. Winchester is better served with shopping and Restaurants, and then for a day trip you could always go to N Va for most anything else you might like to have or do. N Va is most easily accessed using I-66 for ease of travel and time. And in the last few years Gainesville, Va (approx 40 miles east) has exploded with growth, bringing shopping and other ammenities closer to Front Royal/Warren County by approx 10 miles (Manassas). Going to the East from Frederick/Winchester either requires taking I-81 or US522 south to I-66 or US 50 east over the mountain and then a 2 lane road (US17 South) for 8 or 10 miles to connect to I-66 and then east. Or following US 50 on East which involves a lot of 2 lane road and several Towns , all very time consuming. A nice trip if you have time to stop and enjoy the small shops, etc along the way. Or take US 7 east past Berryville,over the mountain past Purcellville and on towards Leesburg. US 7 is 4 lane highway all the way to the metro area, but lots of traffis and traffic lights.
I can ramble on a bit, so I hope that this has answered some of your questions.

Last edited by rigandig; 07-11-2011 at 06:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia