Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: McDonnell for President?
Yes 6 42.86%
No 8 57.14%
Someone Else from VA 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,431 times

Advertisements

McDonald has no depth and has demonstrated no intelligence as Governor. With the budget shortfalls, he had a change to reorganize state govt, yet like Kaine, he has ignored it. Meanwhile, his agencies like DMV are hiring back all the people laid off by Kaine so that it is again top heavy with Deputy Commissioners, Assistant Commissioners, Directors, Deputy Directors and on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 01:03 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
McDonald has no depth and has demonstrated no intelligence as Governor. With the budget shortfalls, he had a change to reorganize state govt, yet like Kaine, he has ignored it. Meanwhile, his agencies like DMV are hiring back all the people laid off by Kaine so that it is again top heavy with Deputy Commissioners, Assistant Commissioners, Directors, Deputy Directors and on and on.
Who is McDonald? Learn your governor's name before you criticize him. Thanks

Old 05-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Only if the electorate consists entirely of C-Span callers.
I just don't see how Obama can win a debate vs Ron Paul. After a horrible first presidential term, there are so many ways to attack the O-man that I just don't see how he can win this election.

Obama might actually be forced to discuss issues this election, rather than talk about vague concepts like change and hope: in which case Obama is toast.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I just don't see how Obama can win a debate vs Ron Paul..
It wouldn't matter. Obama could just play rope-a-dope. The average non-idealogical independent voter listening to him would think Paul is a bigger wingnut than was Ross Perot . Libertarians normally draw less than 10% of the vote. Some younger guys think he's great (Paul's major draw is with 20 something males) but he turns more mature and nearly all women off. Believe me, Obama and every Democrat would love to see Paul win the nomination.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:55 PM

269 posts, read 255,993 times
Paul would lose to Obama. Conservatives wouldn't go for him, the majority Democrats will stay Democrat, and as CAVA1990 put it perfectly, women wouldn't go for him. He'll pick off independents, libertarians and some Democrats, but that won't make up for the heavy loss he will get with core Republicans.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:02 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,753,233 times
He wouldn't get my vote. Although I like some of his ideas, his socially conservative positions kinda irk me too much. I just can't vote for someone as narrow-minded as him.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:45 PM

269 posts, read 255,993 times
That's true. Social liberals wouldn't vote for him. Really, Ron Paul's voting block simply isn't impacting enough as a group countrywide for him to be a serious candidate, which is why he's never been so through all these years. He'll always be around but he's not someone who you ever really thought would win presidency and that won't change.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
He wouldn't get my vote. Although I like some of his ideas, his socially conservative positions kinda irk me too much. I just can't vote for someone as narrow-minded as him.
Wait what? You think he's socially conservative?

Old 05-16-2011, 11:29 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Wait what? You think he's socially conservative?
The thread is about McDonnell, not Ron Paul. If it's to morph into Ron Paul vs Obama, it really belongs in POC/Elections, not Virginia.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The thread is about McDonnell, not Ron Paul. If it's to morph into Ron Paul vs Obama, it really belongs in POC/Elections, not Virginia.
This entire thread belongs there fwiw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia