Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 03:24 AM

3 posts, read 2,627 times

Advertisements

Hello I will be a college grad in less than 2 weeks and I'm thinking of moving to Virginia in august of this year. I'll have a bachelors of science and I'm wondering where would be an affordable yet not dreadfully boring area to live and of course work in the healthcare field. I also plan on going to graduate school in 2014. Any help would be great thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 04:02 AM

3 posts, read 2,627 times
I would like to work in the healthcare setting I'll have a bachelors concentrating on health sciences within public health. I do not currently know the cost of living but I'm assuming 800 could get me a decent apt in a decent neighborhood? I would like to commute less than an hour max with traffic. As far as the community is concerned I would like a town big enough with a decent WAL mart... I come from a small town where the main stores such as WAL mart and entertainment such as the theatre and mall are an hour away. I would like to not go back there lol small town feeling? I also would like info on mixed communities as far as ethnicity is concerned.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:45 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,439,260 times
Start researching online if you haven't. Here's one site regarding jobs in Virginia, Find a Job - Job Seeker Services | Virginia Employment Commission. Do you have a career center at your college? Use it! See what they have for this area of the country. Don't move without a job, unless you have enough to live on for quite awhile. As for areas of the state, search the data information here on city-data, it's a place to start. If you think $800 is your max for an apartment, don't even look at northern Virginia. You MIGHT get by on that if you shared an apartment with one or two others.

Healthcare is a huge field. While you are still in school take advantage of the career services available to help you narrow that, and to help with a job search. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia