Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2008, 05:49 PM

14 posts, read 70,228 times

Advertisements

My son got his first ever flu shot last month and with the age he is he's supposed to get a second one a month later. His ped office said to call in a month to make sure tht they are still in stock. So I called today and they asked what insurance we have. I told them and they put me on hold for a while and came back to say that they can't give him another shot beause they've used up all the ones available to my insurance company so I need to take him to the health department on Monday and wait our turn - one problem, I have a job and I don't think siting in a waiting room all day is in my sons best interest anyway! To make matters wors my son has asthma and I work in a long term care facility, so there is a high risk.

Is there some kind of a law that doctors can only give a certain number of shots to patients with each insurance company? Pretty much they told me that if I didn't have my insurance company my son could get the shot.

Has anyone heard of something like this before? I never had, but we're new to Virginia, so maybe it's different here.

THanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia