Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 05:56 PM

403 posts, read 771,002 times

Advertisements

We are planning a family vacation this summer, but want to avoid senior week. We aren't really planning on visiting any of the beaches, so I'm not sure if it should even be a major concern, but just to be safe...does anyone know when senior week (or weeks) is?? We plan on visiting Yorktown, Richmond, Norfolk, and maybe the Treetop Adventure in Williamsburg. Is senior week a huge deal in VA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 07:15 PM

363 posts, read 557,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renrenbri View Post
We are planning a family vacation this summer, but want to avoid senior week. We aren't really planning on visiting any of the beaches, so I'm not sure if it should even be a major concern, but just to be safe...does anyone know when senior week (or weeks) is?? We plan on visiting Yorktown, Richmond, Norfolk, and maybe the Treetop Adventure in Williamsburg. Is senior week a huge deal in VA?
Maybe I am way off base here, but I have never heard of a senior week in vacation areas. So IMO it is not a big deal in VA, but someone from the areas mention correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: are you referring to seniors as in high school/college age or retiring age? Just noticed that possibility. Either way I don't think you would have much problem.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:36 PM

Lol, high school. I know it's a big thing in a lot of the beach areas, but I'm not sure about elsewhere.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:37 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,349,447 times
For senior in Northern Virginia the kids go to myrtle. Not any beaches in Virginia. I don't know about the rest of the state.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:07 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,682,715 times
I went to high school in Tidewater and we went to the Outer Banks of NC. I can't imagine that if any kids went to Virginia Beach that it would be noticeable. By the time public school lets out it is beach weather all along the East Coast. The crowds will be dispersed, unlike with spring break when only FL and TX beaches are welcoming. Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion may be a bit more crowded during that time but that is more a factor of the newness of summer than a planned occurrence.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:11 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,990,921 times
Virginia Beach is the only beach....and they do NOT allow "spring break" sort of activities! No one has "senior week" there! (At first I though you were talking about some senior citizen thing!!!)

Old 03-07-2015, 03:44 PM

363 posts, read 557,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Virginia Beach is the only beach....and they do NOT allow "spring break" sort of activities! No one has "senior week" there! (At first I though you were talking about some senior citizen thing!!!)
Haha! Glad I was not the only one that thought that at first!

Old 03-07-2015, 05:21 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,314,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam4vt View Post
Haha! Glad I was not the only one that thought that at first!

Ditto

Old 03-08-2015, 06:53 AM

2,262 posts, read 2,397,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
For senior in Northern Virginia the kids go to myrtle. Not any beaches in Virginia. I don't know about the rest of the state.
yep!

We went to Myrtle too.

OP, you should go to Virginia Beach... most people don't bother doing senior week there so you should be OK.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:37 AM

Honestly, I don't even think we'll be on the beach much if at all. We've found some things in the cities that we want to do....the aquarium, Edgar Allen Poe museum, Treetop Adventures, Nauticus, etc.... We will, however, be camping, and the thought of being stuck next to a bunch of partying teens isn't too appealing! I'm sure we will be fine. The only thing we really want to do that involves water is to go jetskiing, but we would want to do that in more of a bay, not the ocean. Does anyone know of somewhere to jetski in the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia