Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 15,922 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are both in the Army and will be heading to Fort Lee in March from Fort Campbell, Kentucky. I have been trying to do some searches for homes for rent/lease in the area but haven't been so lucky.

Does anyone recommend a good area to look in or any good relators?

Any information you can provide would be wonderful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 15,813 times
Default Contact the Housing office @Fort Lee

Here at the housing office they have a list of local military friendly places for rentals. I hope you find a place.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:27 AM

798 posts, read 2,727,445 times
Or check out militarybyowner.com It has places for sale and rent near military installations.. Good luck..

Old 01-08-2009, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 13,874 times
Default Retiring from Ft. Lee

My husband and I came here in 2002 and we've actually just listed our house as we're moving since my husband is retiring. Our realtor has been great and our home, neighborhood and community all have been more than we could have ever expected. Here is some information about our home and my realtors name. We're hoping to sell our home by the end of February so it sounds like the timing might be perfect. She out at the house taking pictures and the listing should be active by the end of the day today. Good Luck and welcome to VA and Fort Lee!!!

4 Bedroom 2.5 Bath 2055 sq. ft Beautiful Home for Sale in one of the nicest subdivisions south of the James River. Less than 15 minutes from Ft. Lee and 20 minutes to downtown Richmond!

This neighbor is safe and family friendly with 2 community playgrounds, community pool, walking trails and much more! Active Enlisted family is close to retirement and moving. The family went through 2 deployments and this home helped the family feel safe and secure during this period.

Home features 22x13 Great room with gas fireplace, 19x14 kitchen with tile, breakfast nook and under cabinet lighting. Crown molding throughout first floor, open floor plan. 19x14 Master with his and her walk in closets. Walk up attic, new paved driveway, upgraded new deck construction of deck starting no later than 15 Jan 09 which will be completed prior to sale. 2 car garage with oversized garage door with opener. Upgraded lighting, kitchen and bath fixtures. All kitchen applicances and window treatments convey.

For a showing or more information please contact our realtor Nancy Wise at 804-598-7700 office or mobile 804-347-3639.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:53 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,147,991 times
Robin -

My guess is they already PCSd. The original post was back in '06. Good luck with your move!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 13,144 times
the best site I found is realtor.com. I am also moving there this spring, and that website has been great. For rentals go to AHRN.com. That is only for rentals though.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 13,103 times
Try The Candlewood Suites Richmond, full kitchen and they house temp until you can fine a permant home, there number # 804 652 -1888 x 7153 talk there sales dept. Worked for me until I found a house.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:28 PM

2 posts, read 9,017 times
My husband who is army and I with our family is relocating to Ft. Lee in Summer 2011. I am not having much luck with finding a rental home near ft. lee. What is the closest city near Ft. Lee and some other cities within a 20 miles radius in the area? Thanks for any input. We are looking for a single family home with at least 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bath and built in the last 5 years. Thanks

Old 12-18-2010, 08:46 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,599,462 times
We found our rental though AHRN.com I would recommend staying north of Fort Lee, it was more convenient to all major shopping. We rented in Disputanta, while we loved the neighborhood it seemed that it was a 20-45 minute drive everywhere.

I recommend Colonial Heights and Chester area. There are a few newer homes near 295 in Chester that are a quick drive to Fort Lee.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:44 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,147,991 times
Kymi -

Captain is correct. AHRN is a great site. You can also check MilitaryByOwner.com. With a report date in the summer, most folks may be waiting till the February time frame to put their listings out there.

And I second his recommendation on Chester. We love the convenience to Fort Lee. Takes no time at all to zip down 295 and get to the commissary. If you search for some of my other posts, you'll see I've put quite a bit on here about Fort Lee. As someone who has been in your shoes, I know how nice it is to get input before the move!

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to let me know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia