Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 AM

931 posts, read 3,802,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
open-minded
Adjective
willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced

I think obviously it would be unwilling to consider new ideas and prejudiced.

Secondly I completely disagree with idea that everywhere has the same density of open minded people I have lived in 8 different states and the level of openmindedness greatly varies, not just by state but even by county or town. I mean come on are you trying to say san francisco and oklahoma are equally open minded???? of course it varies.... Go 20 minutes outside of asheville and you are in , in some cases, in the middle of highly religious very conservative, racist area where they still refer to the civil war as the war of northern aggression. Believe me it varies
Are you prejudice towards conservatives and people who practice an organized religion? Did you have a bad experience or something?
There seems to be a lot of hate inside you towards these other types of beliefs and lifestyles.

Why do you think they are going to care what you believe in or what you do? You know there are artists who are religious and hold conservative values too.
All kinds of people eat organic food, Nick, even racists and axe murderers.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleo View Post
Well this is my first response in case you forgot:

Looks to me like it is a question asking you if open-minded is referring to liberal and or homosexuality because I was confused after reading your post. How is that judgmental? I am asking a question. I was born and raised in Virginia and know a lot of about the area, I was trying to get some clarification as to what you were asking. Now you just sound like a wacko nut-job so I have no recommendation for you. I just don't want you near me.

You are such a hypocrite.

As already mentioned by bangorme, just the fact that you asked the question says a lot about your "open-mindedness" because you are looking to avoid other people who do not fit in with your beliefs.

Why can't you just find a safe place to live that is near your employer?

Who goes to a forum asking people where the "open-minded conscious" people are? They are everywhere!!! Do you understand how you contradict yourself?

You advocate segregation, yet you say you are open-minded.

As for me, yea I eat organic food sometimes and I even went to an "alternative" school besides public. I have liberal views and some conservative views. I have friends that are gay and coworkers that are gay. I have traveled to Europe and Asia, and I have experienced many different cultures. I have friends who are artists and friends who are business men. I have lived in the city, and I have lived in the country. It just disgusts and slightly confuses me that someone so "open-minded" and "conscious" like yourself would be so twisted wrapped up in finding only other people like yourself. Do you get it?

Again, Why wouldn't you chose to live somewhere that is a) close to your employer and b) in a safe neighborhood?
To me those seem like more legitimate reasons to aid to your filtration on where to decide to live.

Another judgmental question for you, Are you or your daughter transgender or do you have some kind of physical attribute that makes you stand out or something?
Just curious...Because it almost sounds almost like you are hiding rather than embracing people of all backgrounds and beliefs.

You will find a lot of diversity in Virginia. From Richmond to NOVA to Roanoke to the Peninsula. You'll find it in pockets of the country side and the inner cities. Cheap housing is also available just about everywhere, except Northern Virginia, but you can still find stuff if you look. Organic food and farmers markets can be found everywhere, again you just have to search for them.

See oleo the issue is that I never ever stated that I wanted an area with people only like me. There is no such area. Especially since I am a "whacko nut job". I dont at all see wanting to be around SOME people who are like minded meaning I am not open minded. Open minded areas are full of many many diffrernt types of people. Who wouldn"t want to be in an area they have things in common with others??

I apologize if I misunderstood your connection between open minded and gay. In my mind that is a very small aspect of it. Just seems you keep going back to and then add transgender to I am not hiding from anything or anyone. Your continuous need to attack me and call names does however say something to me.

I dont need and wouldnt even want an area where everyone was like me. I have had oppurtunities to live on communes. However I also dont want an area where me and my family will be outcasts for our political, religous, social etc beliefs or our life styles ( no not gay or transgender, as if it matters) I dont want my child to grow up around racism and hatred. I want oppotunities for her to experience all kinds of people and sure racism and other negative views exist everywhere and you cant hide from them but also dont want to be surrounded by negativity.

I never meant to step on toes, just wanted info. But when I get kicked I'll kick back.

Thank you for the info on schools.

"Transgender whacko nut job"

Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleo View Post
Are you prejudice towards conservatives and people who practice an organized religion? Did you have a bad experience or something?
There seems to be a lot of hate inside you towards these other types of beliefs and lifestyles.

Why do you think they are going to care what you believe in or what you do? You know there are artists who are religious and hold conservative values too.
All kinds of people eat organic food, Nick, even racists and axe murderers.

what does that have to do with anything????? I am prejudice about nothing. I am not religious but of course I know everything you mentioned.

you should check were the hatred is, not here.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:59 AM

oleo

I read a few other post you made on other topics and they all seem pretty angry and judgemental

Examples of anger:

"+1 It's just their inexperience showing. You know how college kids are, after they graduate, hell even before they graduate like Ron804, they think they know everything and have an acute sense of understand on just about everything and feel they need to share it."

"+1 she obviously lived in a box, she is probably young too and has not experienced a lot"

"Yeah, I'm black. I gots a graduated degree too. "

Old 06-03-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
See oleo the issue is that I never ever stated that I wanted an area with people only like me. There is no such area. Especially since I am a "whacko nut job". I dont at all see wanting to be around SOME people who are like minded meaning I am not open minded. Open minded areas are full of many many diffrernt types of people. Who wouldn"t want to be in an area they have things in common with others??

I apologize if I misunderstood your connection between open minded and gay. In my mind that is a very small aspect of it. Just seems you keep going back to and then add transgender to I am not hiding from anything or anyone. Your continuous need to attack me and call names does however say something to me.

I dont need and wouldnt even want an area where everyone was like me. I have had oppurtunities to live on communes. However I also dont want an area where me and my family will be outcasts for our political, religous, social etc beliefs or our life styles ( no not gay or transgender, as if it matters) I dont want my child to grow up around racism and hatred. I want oppotunities for her to experience all kinds of people and sure racism and other negative views exist everywhere and you cant hide from them but also dont want to be surrounded by negativity.

I never meant to step on toes, just wanted info. But when I get kicked I'll kick back.

Thank you for the info on schools.

"Transgender whacko nut job"
Now you finally start back pedaling, I knew it would come around.

You're still a whacko nut job though for not making safety (as in low crime area), distance to employment and access to highly rated schools your top priorities for you and your family instead all of this egotistical hypocritical political mumbo jumbo spewing out of you.

What do you do for a living? and how are you planning on just moving to a random area and finding a job? Have you seen what the job market is like?

Old 06-03-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
what does that have to do with anything????? I am prejudice about nothing. I am not religious but of course I know everything you mentioned.

you should check were the hatred is, not here.
What does that have to do with anything? It shows that you are an absolute hypocrite. You should practice what you preach, buddy. Everyone is prejudice about something (sorry, you are NOT a perfect spiritual supreme being) and you have clearly demonstrated that throughout this thread. There is hatred everywhere. Deal with it. You can't just hide and run away from it. Deal with it. Yes, even people like you cause hatred.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
oleo

I read a few other post you made on other topics and they all seem pretty angry and judgemental

Examples of anger:

"+1 It's just their inexperience showing. You know how college kids are, after they graduate, hell even before they graduate like Ron804, they think they know everything and have an acute sense of understand on just about everything and feel they need to share it."

"+1 she obviously lived in a box, she is probably young too and has not experienced a lot"

"Yeah, I'm black. I gots a graduated degree too. "
LMAO!!!!

That seems pretty judgmental to say that I am angry and judgmental based off of some out of context posts I made on a message board.

Such a hypocrite!

I'm flattered you search for my posts though, thanks for reading.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:43 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,199,537 times
Cancelled

Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 AM

oleo

it actually funny because 3 people private messaged me about how you rant on here and they hoped I didn't think you were a good representation of virginia. What i do for a living is non of your concern nor is what I place as priorities on where I live. No back peddling.....

I can no longer have a battle of wits with an unarmed man. I wish you well in your search and insult tactics, remember it is you who started this. Good day.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:48 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,199,537 times
[quote=organick;9111586][quote=bangorme;9096659]
Quote:
here is the dictionary definition of open-minded so we no longer have to debate it.

[SIZE=3]open-minded[/SIZE]
Adjective
willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced

I have lived in 8 different states and the level of openmindedness greatly varies, not just by state but even by county or town....

in some cases, in the middle of highly religious very conservative, racist area where they still refer to the civil war as the war of northern aggression. Believe me it varies
Your assumption is that people like you are open-minded. As was shown by your statement above, your assumption that "very religious" and "very conservative people" are racist reveals you to be just another bigot.

It's funny how you have projected upon others what you are yourself. I wish you the best.

Last edited by bangorme; 06-04-2009 at 10:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia