Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:18 PM

3 posts, read 18,901 times

Advertisements

Hi! I bought in potomac club... An Inglewood by Ryan. I originally considered the lancaster by Pulte and also Ryan's Picasso. I finally decided on the Inglewood for the deck and the advantage of a townhome over a condo. For those of you who bought Inglewoods--- I'm just curious, what options did you select? Did you enjoy working with Ryan salespeople? Have you moved in yet?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 AM

2 posts, read 18,128 times
Default Oh the horror...

Dear Future Inglewood Owner

Let me just say, the salesfolks at Ryan Homes are not the easiest to work with. I can't say that it's completely their fault for all of our problems, but they don't really care either. They will put up a front and "pretend" to be so concerned but in reality they don't care and it shows. They got their money so they don't care. For example, the Inglewoods at Potomac Club are now experiencing an infestation of Springtails. These are small black bugs that look like fleas and "spring" to action. We find them by the dozens in our toilets because they are attracted to water. They are all over our den (by the thousands). They are not responsive to off-the-shelf bug spray. I've paid for an exterminator to come out twice in one month. The HOA will pay to spray outside but you have to pay for the inside. It's affecting more than one home. More than one block of homes. This is my latest troubles so i'm quite disgusted right now. And this is not a result of me being a dirty person. I am so anul about keeping my place clean that at times it disgusts my wife!

Anyways, you asked for options, so we got granite kitchen, the brazillian cherry upgrade wood floor, big tile on a 45 degree angle in the bathrooms (makes them look bigger on an angle) and we got them to the ceiling (very nice). Plus we paid to have the surround sound wires hidden behind the walls and for an extra power outlet over our fireplace to hang the tv (that's so cool). Plus we got the extra sink in the laundry room (very handy). Hardwood in the foyer and the kitchen and the half bath. Carpet everywhere else (except tile in the bathrooms). All stainless steel appliances and cherry paprika cabinets. In all, the package looks beautiful. I see they have dropped the price considerably but from what I understand they now put linoleum in the kitchen with oak cabinets and plain countertops. The grainite is well worth the upgrade! Oh yes, we also got the structured wiring...makes it easy for cable/phone. Plus we got the most upgraded carpet pad...it's like walking on clouds!

Congrats on your purchase. My best suggestion is to stay on top of the people out here. If you need to know who to call, just ask me, cause I have phone numbers and contacts out the wazoo. They -know- who I am!

In all, we are happy with our place, now...if only we could get rid of these darn bugs! (they don't bite, but, who wants a springtail to jump up their butt when they sit on the toilet??)

MK

Old 08-02-2007, 09:57 AM

Red face Inglewood

thanks for your reply! your options sound beautiful! I chose the maple cabinets in Toffee, the Baltic Brown granite, and black appliances. I have an upgraded carpet pad too! I have hardwood on the entire main level (kitchen, great room, 1/2 bath). I have the laundry sink as well. I havent yet decided on the best use of space for the great room. Tricky to arrange furniture in a way where all can see tv, fireplace, etc...

Sorry to hear about the infestation! Do you have any clue what could have caused it????

I'll be out there on Monday for my preconstruction meeting. If all goes well, I should be moving in around Sept/Oct. Do you have an end unit? Did you use Ryan's mortgage company?

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 6,287 times
Default HOA Fees

I currently live in the Potomac Club as well, and have been for the past 5 months. I truly have enjoyed my experience there for the most part and feel that it can only get better from here. We purchased the home as an "investment" with the belief that it will be worth so much more when we sell in a couple of years as the complex should hopefully be completed by then. In some earlier posts I read that some of you were told or are paying in the range of the mid $100's for HOA fee's, is this true for both Pulte and Ryan purchasers? I currently pay over $300 a month for HOA and feel I have not recieved much in return as the pool just opened, and the gym has yet to open.
Other then that it is a great complex and any prospective buyers looking in the area I strongly reccomend to consider looking at Potomac Club, it does have quite a lot to offer as long as you are willing to wait out the years of construction for them to finish it.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:13 PM

Red face Question...

Hi Future Neighbor---
That's interesting that you bought as an investment. Are you from this DC metro area? Did you buy from Ryan as well? Which model did you purchase if you don't mind my asking. I should be moving in during the middle of next month. Glad you're enjoying yourself so far. Comforting to hear... As far as HOA fees go, they are per square foot (that's what I was told). For a Ryan Picasso (2600 sq ft), the fee is about $290, for an Inglewood (2100 sq ft), about $240.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:07 AM

11 posts, read 55,726 times
Default ryan homes

looks like ryan is motivated to sell. they are offering 3% down and all closing costs. this is the week after they agreed to match any other builder's price in potomac club. this is a pretty good deal...however if you wanted the nicer options, that will cost you.

So, what you save in $ upfront, you pay for with ptions. Even at half off (if they are still doing that), their options can run to $20k...

dont get me wrong, there places are nice. i liked the Pulte construction better though.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:23 PM

6 posts, read 24,864 times
Default Hoa

Hi future neighbors! We just bought a Manchester (Pulte) yesterday and we're so excited! One reason it took us so long to decide was because of the HOA fees-- $224/month! We were told the gates will start working on Oct. 22nd. I hope the HOA fees don't go up any more than they already are! Has anyone had any troubles or dissatisfaction with the HOA services?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:50 AM

19 posts, read 32,771 times
Hey there! We just purchase a silverbrook from Pulte also, so we're in the same boat as yours. Yep, the HOA fee is $224 for us as well, and for us that does seem a bit steep but then you have to consider what it pays for, gate, rec club, etc.

I drove by there yesterday for the pre-drywall orientation and the gates had signs outside stating that they are close from 8 pm - 6 am. So I think they are beginning to work - however during business hours they are not so the construction trunks can make it in there without hassle.

When's your closing date? Did you sign with them during that October deal thingy? We signed with them about a month ago and the deals seem to be good at the time but we feel that we may have missed out since the October deals states "free" options.

Regards,
abistro

Old 10-30-2008, 02:15 PM

6 posts, read 24,864 times
Yes, we did buy during their October "Monstrous Savings" special, but in order to get the deals we would have to go through with Pulte Mortgage. I'm hoping there won't be any problems like I've read from other reviews about the company. Also, the "free" options deal isn't as great as it seems given that all the options have already been selected and ordered since the house was already in the middle of construction. We were, however, able to switch the kitchen countertop granite to Absolute Black because the original black-and-white/salt-and-pepper one didn't appeal to us at all! Also, the deal was only applicable to Manchesters (in the community), so don't feel so bad if that wasn't the model you were interested in!

Our closing is in December so we missed out on the pre-drywall orientation. We do however plan to have a few walkthroughs with the builder superintendent so we can see the progress.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 AM

10 posts, read 33,561 times
Default do you still agree?

Do you still feel the same way as below? I am looking to purchase a home in Potomac Club by Pulte as well .... the HOA has gone up to 224 and i'm hoping it doesn't go up any higher but i know with condo/townhomes and age the prices will only go up not down so i'm a little concerned about that...

The community center looks nice although not sure why they didn't add tennis and/or golf ... hopefully that will come in the future - may need to try and get on the HOA board to see about that ... lol

I wish i had gotten a bump out option but they weren't available ... the lancaster is where i'm heading and that seems nice as well ..

How is the commute? That is my main concern... the area seemed to be ... underdeveloped and i'm hoping that is changing with a towncenter coming and expansion in Quantico and Belvoir... not sure if it will trickle to Woodbrige or not... i hope so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny34 View Post
potomac club is going to be really nice , the hoa fees are 185 per month but it is a gated community, with a VERY nice looking community center thats for residents only....pulte has the best floor plans, they have a tyler and a wesly model that have the 3 level bumpouts with 2 car garage it just feels like a single family home and not a town house...also there is a large commerical piece of land next to potomac club that is going to have a harris teeter, macys, footlocker, and several other retail stores along with restuarants and office space, overall its going to be a great place to live...the location is PERFECT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia