Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:35 AM

Location: VA.in the woods ,nearest "town"12mi.Richmond hour&half
1 posts, read 9,024 times

Advertisements

Virgnia got screwed in the Tobacco Deal,We need a new cash crop. marijuana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 04:35 AM

1 posts, read 8,707 times
If anyone is looking to start a push for legalization (or at minimum decriminalization and an expansion of illnesses for which it can be prescribed), then let's organize and DO IT.

Who's with me?

Old 06-25-2011, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 8,617 times
Default Where is the place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2bkati View Post
there is a med mari. store here in hampton, correct!
too bad drs are tightwads with rx's- only for cancer and MS not any chron pain.

I have recently been diagnosed with MS and I am looking for an alternative treatment. I would like to know where this place is or number to call and see how I can obtain the meds. If you can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:45 PM
LDH

168 posts, read 587,817 times
Marijuana pharmacies opens up a hole new can of worms. Having it legalized has not been the answer in California. There have been plenty of problems here with how they are ran.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2MSn11 View Post
I have recently been diagnosed with MS and I am looking for an alternative treatment. I would like to know where this place is or number to call and see how I can obtain the meds. If you can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
I believe the poster is mistaken. MS is not included as one of the illnesses covered by the law. I believe it's only legal for cancer and glaucoma patients.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:13 PM

8 posts, read 21,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Virginian has laws on the books that make it legal for doctors to prescribe and pharmacies to dispense . Why aren't there dispensaries here similar to those that have opened in California and other Western states?

Legislative Information System

I doubt it'd be legal if you got caught w/ it on one of the five million military installations in the area....I'm pretty sure it'd be a federal charge irregardless of your doctors RX...btw : I'm a 420 fan all the way.....so dont it at all...just tellin you from exp stay away from mil bases w/ the staff

Old 07-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regina_angelis View Post
I doubt it'd be legal if you got caught w/ it on one of the five million military installations in the area....I'm pretty sure it'd be a federal charge irregardless of your doctors RX...btw : I'm a 420 fan all the way.....so dont it at all...just tellin you from exp stay away from mil bases w/ the staff
From what I understand one of the main venues for Federal mj arrests around here is Wolf Trap.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:10 AM

1 posts, read 8,182 times
How would I go about getting a permit or license to grow medical marijuana? What part of the virginia gov. would I request the proper paperwork to apply? I read alot of info from canada about medical marijuana and being disabled this is something I could do to earn money and hopefully be able to get my life in order again. They could put up cameras whatever they wanted to do. Thank You

Old 10-23-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat999 View Post
How would I go about getting a permit or license to grow medical marijuana? What part of the virginia gov. would I request the proper paperwork to apply? I read alot of info from canada about medical marijuana and being disabled this is something I could do to earn money and hopefully be able to get my life in order again. They could put up cameras whatever they wanted to do. Thank You
Would be amusing to find out the reason nobody'd done it up to now is they just didn't bother to ask. Perhaps call the state health department to inquire? One problem with the law is it only covers prescription but not cultivation.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:25 AM

1 posts, read 8,101 times
Hey all, I have an app on my phone called Weedmaps that says that there is a dispensary off of or close by Waxpool Road near Ashburn, VA. Do you know if it is possible for one to get medicinal marijuana for severe chronic depression/possible bipolar disorder? I have suffered for years with severe mental demons and I have tried all possible antidepressant meds such as Zoloft, Lexapro, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Celexa, and Cymbalta but NONE of them help in the slightest at all! I have at least three to four serious mood dips a day, which all lead me to self harming despair. I go to Berklee in Boston where marijuana is decriminalized and the cops couldn't really careless about the herb. Up there I have had the fortune of coming across high grade marijuana and I have found that it is the ONLY thing that really helps my depression, suicidal thoughts, and allows me to feel like my old happy self before depression crashed into my life. I find that it helps my mind rest and appreciate everything about life. In other words, it lifts my black clouds into recess and helps me tremendously where other traditional medication has failed. Sorry for the long story! :P Unfortunately, I'm taking some time off from school to rest up and try to heal my mind and soul but am having a very difficult time trudging through day and night. So is there any possible way that I could get a medical marijuana prescription for severe chronic depression in either Virginia or DC? All help is very much appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia