Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 07:13 AM

27 posts, read 68,113 times

Advertisements

Hello, just wanted to know if anyone is from this area and lived in Manor at England Run? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 08:09 AM

743 posts, read 3,899,713 times
Manor? I did a quick search, and it looks like it's a community in Stafford with homes in the low to mid-300's.

I always imagined a 'manor' being a larger home on some land... more like an estate I guess.
:P
Anyways, all I can say is that rt. 17 there gets a LOT of truck traffic. Also, don't expect to go around the rt. 17 and rt. 1 traffic light anytime soon... they're working on a big road project down there, which will probably make traffic worse before it gets better. (Probably will be years before they finish)

Living around there, you'll probably be tempted to go to Fredericksburg a lot, but because you almost HAVE to go over the I-95 bridge, you'll be stuck in traffic a lot on the weekends, in the warmer months, due to norther traffic heading to and fron the beach. Also, traffic anywhere around there is a mess between 4 and 6:30 every evening.

As for the community itself... don't know much about it. Sorry.

*edit*
After looking at a satellite image, it looks like the community has a few single family homes, surrounded by townhomes and apartments... If you can afford $300k+ for a house, I'm not sure if you'd want to move there... but again, I've never been in the place, so a visit would probably be the best way to tell if it is someplace where you would want to move.

If you like Mexican food, Pancho Villa's is located in the front of the community. The whole little chain is good... it's a local area chain; family run and all that.

Good luck on your home search!

Old 01-10-2010, 08:21 AM

Its a apartment complex in Frederickburg, VA. Do you know how long it would take me to get to quantico during rush hr?

Old 01-10-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma4life View Post
Its a apartment complex in Frederickburg, VA. Do you know how long it would take me to get to quantico during rush hr?
Ohhh!
haha
I see.

England Run has townhomes, apartments, and single family homes. I had assumed that you were talking about single family homes, and didn;t know that 'Manor' was the apartments. (Ironic naming...)

Anyways, I'd guess around 30 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes to drive home. The drive home might be longer, depending on traffic.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:00 AM

Thanks. Have you ever heard of this complex, do you know if is in a safe area? Thanks.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:09 AM

Nope, never heard of it. It looks big though.

Sorry!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:12 AM

thanks

Old 01-11-2010, 06:32 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
The local newspaper is the Free Lance Star. You may want to search on their website for this neighborhood to see if anything comes up.

England Run area was struck by a tornado (believe it or not) in 2008. Wow, that's a freak of nature for the area.

The more I think of it, I recall there was a pretty good structure fire there a couple of years ago. It just so happened a buddy of mine lived in the apartments while he was building his new house up in Faquier County and I was concerned for him and his wife. But they had already moved out by then. (Not that a fire has any bearing on your apartment search.)

Good luck on your move!

Old 06-15-2010, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,628 times
Default Fredericksburg, Va

I am in the process of moving from Florida to Fredericksburg, Va. Can anyone help me with information on apartments that are affordable in 22401 area. Only been there once for 4 days.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:27 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
England Run is off of RT. 17...about 4 mins. from the interstate....there are several different types of homes there....from small apartments, to single family homes...
it's an ok area....there has been some crime, but that's true of almost everyplace.
The 22401 zip is Downtown Fred'bg....nothing (IMO) is "affordabe" there. You'll find lots of 200 year old structures (updated, to a degree!) for LOTS of money. My daughter has a 2 bedroom there, for $1150 per month....doesn't include any utilities and has no washer/dryer...not even a "hook-up" for it. These are OLD buildings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia