Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Woulld You Support Legalizing and Taxing Marijuana
Yes, legalize it and cut my taxes 20 86.96%
No, keep it illegal - I don't mind paying higher taxes 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:58 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,291,520 times

Advertisements

This seems to be a winning issue at least on here. Now how do we get a measure on the ballot to make it happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 10:36 AM

631 posts, read 1,292,138 times
start a petition!

Virginia State Board of Elections : Getting a Question on the Ballot

Old 03-21-2010, 03:18 PM

I keep forgetting. This state's not set up as a democracy. It's controlled by a bunch of good ol' boys from unpopulated places who only pass bills if paid off by lobbyists.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:25 PM

Tell me this wouldn't get about a 95% approval if it were combined with the elimination of the car tax. This issue is a winner.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,134 times
Right is right wrong is wrong. The gov. telling me what to do is wrong. I get behind the wheel and drive I intoxicated I am wrong. I drink at home my problem. I want to make bee,r wine, or whiskey at home that is my business. If I sell it then it is the government's bus too. I grow a little weed that is my bus. if I sell it then the government gets a say. Where the heck are you people from? You aren't actually from here are you? I mean America, the USA, Home of the free, Home of the Brave are you? What the hell bus. is it of mine what you do on your property? You want to shoot the heck out of your guns it ain't my bus, as long as your bullets stay on your property. Why do Republicans and Democrats think they have the right to tell me what to do on my property? If I want to make whiskey, shoot bullets, fornicate out back, grow a little, and enjoy it all, it is my bus, not yours. People better than you (obviously), have died for that principle, lots of them were my relatives. Come and see me some time and I will give you a lesson in American history, in the mean time keep voting for the same old idiots spouting the same dumbass crap and we can all watch this once great country go down crapper. I don't need you to do what I say and won't do what you say. Because we are free. We are the Americans. Now pull your freaking head out!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:16 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,584,924 times
its absolutely time we legalize and tax marijuana

Old 04-21-2011, 07:23 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,153,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I keep forgetting. This state's not set up as a democracy. It's controlled by a bunch of good ol' boys from unpopulated places who only pass bills if paid off by lobbyists.
Or, maybe, just maybe, that a majority of voters vote for officials who believe that legalizing a narcotic and making it widely and freely available may create some significant unintended and negative consequences.

Nah, it's probably because VA is a sexist dictatorship as CAVA1990 suggests.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:35 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,910,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Bob McDonnell is from Fairfax County, but I mean I guess back then it was unpopulated?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:06 PM

1,799 posts, read 6,323,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaLimaDelta View Post
Or, maybe, just maybe, that a majority of voters vote for officials who believe that legalizing a narcotic and making it widely and freely available may create some significant unintended and negative consequences.

Nah, it's probably because VA is a sexist dictatorship as CAVA1990 suggests.
They seem pretty widely and freely available already... Treat marijuana like alcohol and let's move on to REAL issues. Legalize it...regulate it...tax it.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Bob McDonnell is from Fairfax County, but I mean I guess back then it was unpopulated?
You might want to retake civics and/or read more carefully. Governors don't pass bills. Legislatures do, then it's up to the governor to sign or veto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia