Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:40 PM

23 posts, read 125,709 times

Advertisements

Howdy All,

I just moved here from the great state of Texas. I want to know where I can find a bubble tea hut (wi-fi, reading material, great staff).

They have many Bubble Tea Huts in Texas, but I am having trouble finding them here. I truly miss these relaxing places and the tea.

Also, another thing, why are the pizza slizes in the pizza hut buffets here so thin. (Just curious, that's all).

Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 02:32 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,735,969 times
Depends, tell us where in VA you are and perhaps we'd be able to help out more

As for the pizza slices...I guess that's just the way they are? Where are you eating pizza? lol

Old 06-08-2007, 08:02 AM

Hi SmeryGrl,

I am currently living in the Northern Virginia area (Fairfax County). Any places for Bubble Tea?

The pizza huts in Fairfax, make the slices too thin and they don't have sweet tea. Does anybody know where there is a Pizza Hut that has sweet tea? Perhaps in the Maryland area.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomerfromTX View Post
Hi SmeryGrl,

I am currently living in the Northern Virginia area (Fairfax County). Any places for Bubble Tea?

The pizza huts in Fairfax, make the slices too thin and they don't have sweet tea. Does anybody know where there is a Pizza Hut that has sweet tea? Perhaps in the Maryland area.
I would check Chinatown or any asian market place for Bubble Tea. I am actually moving up to NoVA this weekend! As for thin slices at the Pizza Hut...maybe you can order a pan pizza? And finally, I hate to break this to you but the sweet tea line I think officially ends at Richmond in Virginia. We have sweet tea where I live (Blacksburg) but I noticed there was no more sweet tea in DC when we went to dine at Tyson's Corner. Pretty sure there isn't sweet tea in MD either---its a southern thing and they're not southern enough. Because of this, I've learned to make my own sweet tea! :P

Old 06-08-2007, 08:13 AM

Thanks for the info. Actually, McDonalds has sweet tea and so does Bob Evans, but I like Pizza Hut's Tea. Yeah, I will try to make my own. Hey, Smerky where you from originally?

Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomerfromTX View Post
Thanks for the info. Actually, McDonalds has sweet tea and so does Bob Evans, but I like Pizza Hut's Tea. Yeah, I will try to make my own. Hey, Smerky where you from originally?
ORIGINALLY originally or just originally?

I was born in China.
Moved here when I was 4 and a half and grew up in Blacksburg, Virginia.

I'm glad that you found Sweet Tea at McDonald's and Bob Evans' though! I didn't even think to look at those places, guess I know where to go now if I'm craving some sweet tea!

Old 02-06-2008, 08:32 AM

2 posts, read 12,195 times
i'm in the same fix! i live in richmond, where the ENTIRE city seems to shut down at about 9pm. o.0; i'm looking for some decent places that serve bubble tea, but am having a heck of a time finding anything aside from tt lounge in cary town.

anyone know of any places around town to get some good bubble tea? :D? kiosk in a mall, obscure resturant, coffee shop, anything! any help is muchly appreciated! ^.^

Old 02-06-2008, 09:04 AM

111 posts, read 429,070 times
Try this link:

Virginia Tearooms at TeaGuide The Original Online Tea Room Directory (http://www.teaguide.net/tearoomsvirginia.htm - broken link)

Old 02-07-2008, 02:04 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,387,325 times
There's a place near Wisconsin and M in Georgetown that has good bubble tea. Wish I could remember the name of it.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 14,966 times
Talking tt lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by min'ko View Post
i'm in the same fix! i live in richmond, where the ENTIRE city seems to shut down at about 9pm. o.0; i'm looking for some decent places that serve bubble tea, but am having a heck of a time finding anything aside from tt lounge in cary town.

anyone know of any places around town to get some good bubble tea? ? kiosk in a mall, obscure resturant, coffee shop, anything! any help is muchly appreciated! ^.^

hope this isnt too late but a great place for bubble tea is tt lounge on cary st right at vcu's monroe park campus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia