Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 05:44 PM

14 posts, read 57,730 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I will be working at Dahlgren at the end of the summer, and I am looking for an apartment. After visiting, I definitely do not want to live in the Dahlgren/King George city area. I am looking for a place with a little more to do. When I drove through Fredericksburg, it seemed really small and rural. I think I want something a little more suburban. How is the Waldorf, MD area? Commute? I have looked online at three apartments there (and visited one...but didn't go inside because of time): Sheffield Greens, Gleneagles, and Westchester at the Pavilions. Can you tell me about either of these three? Thanks. I'm from Mississippi, so any information will definitely help. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 06:00 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,151,634 times
For information on those areas, you might want to post in the Maryland forum.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 AM

I posted it here because I'm actually open to other parts of VA if anyone could recommend an area that is not too rural (still have things to do for someone who is 22) but relatively close to Dahlgren. Thanks!

Old 05-17-2010, 11:14 AM

38 posts, read 131,190 times
I would look a little more into the Fredericksburg area. The area has a decent young population because of UMW and if you ever need big city amenities, you are no more than an hour from Richmond and DC. Also, housing will be cheaper in Fredericksburg and commuting will not be hard to Dalghren.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:28 PM

845 posts, read 2,832,596 times
Engineering Chick: I just provided you a detailed reply about this, on the "Maryland" forum, yesterday May 16. Please read my reply there, if you haven't already.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:21 PM

8 posts, read 45,951 times
I work at Dahlgren and if I was currently looking for something like you describe it would be somewhere around Fredericksburg. The traffic to and from Waldorf can get heacy, with others commuting to and from DC, plus you have to deal with the Nice Bridge as well, and it can get backed up as they do a lot of construction on it, seems like most of the time. I am sure you will find something around Frederciskburg, Spotsylvania, and even know some that come in from Stafford, that you will like. If you didn't like King George, I would skip Colonial Beach and Westmoreland County all together, as offer even less.....I live in Colonial Beach as I like less traffic and the closer commute, plus it is quiet here and I like it.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:32 PM

Gnhntn, I looked more into Fredericksburg and it does seem like a great place to live. I have been trying to look up apartments in the area on rent.com. Can you recommend any specific apartment complexes that are really nice? If possible, I would like to keep rent at or under $1000, which seems to be pretty easy in the area, and I would like a 1BR/1BA. I wanted to get recommendations from someone already living in the area because I won't be able to visit until I actually move to the area. Thank you in advance!

Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 12,179 times
Default 3 BDR 2 BA 2 car garage Cape Cod for Rent in Colonial Beach 1150+

Engineering Chick, congratulations on your job. Besides the fact that I have a place for you to rent (new construction), I would strongly urge you to check out Colonial Beach. It's a 15 minute drive from Dalhgren, and it really is a charming town: "the only community in Virginia where golf carts are allowed on the streets". Very well lit living room, lots of space for you to enjoy any hobbies you have.

Consider it!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 PM

Does anyone know about Kilburn Crossing, Brittany Commons, Malvern Lake, or The Mark at Salem Station? I really need info ASAP, so please help. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,289 times
Engineering Chick, what did you find out about The Mark at Salem Station? I will be working at Dahlgren as well and looking at that one. Also from MS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia