Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 08:45 AM

19 posts, read 25,832 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My family and I are relocating to Virginia, from New Hampshire. I'm not all that familiar with all the different areas, but I do know that we would like to be in the Williamsburg area or within an hour traveling time. We have a rather large family... 6 kids, 3 dogs, a ferret & a guinea pig! I'm a stay at home mom (kinda have to be with the hectic schedule that we can have with 6 kids & activities/school & my husband is a software engineer). We are looking to rent at least a four bedroom home & our price ranges up to 1500/mo. It's kinda scary when I have a bit of a blind feeling in looking at different web-sites & Craigslist, not being able to physically go check out different listings so I'm reaching out to those of you that live in the area for advice & information. We are very family orientated, neat/clean, organized, busy family & I'm hoping to find a home that is in a nice, safe, clean area. 2 of our dogs are Jack Russell Terriers, & the third is a small/med mix breed... they are all very well mannered & trained while being inside the house & the other two pets live in cages. My children's ages are 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 13... so well above the age of coloring on walls (haha). I do have a brother who lives in Williamsburg, but he has a busy & demanding schedule, with having two boys as well as battling leukemia... we would like to move as soon as June 19th so that I can be close to him to help out.... I hope that someone can help or point me in some right directions! I thank you all for reading this & for whatever information you can give to me in advance! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 01:54 PM

140 posts, read 540,723 times
I recommend that you post this in the Virginia - Hampton Roads forum. You will get a much better response since Williamsburg is in the Hampton Roads area.

I just did a quick search in the MLS in Williamsburg, James City Co, York Co and Newport News and looked for 5 bedroom houses under $1500 and didn't find any. I did find 7 four bedroom homes w/ over 2000 square feet. Six of them allow pets for an additional deposit/fee, but I think having 3 dogs might be a chalenge, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia