Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 03:54 PM

68 posts, read 122,000 times

Advertisements

I'm a first time home buyer. I'm considering moving to Clinton. I've been looking at homes in Fox Hill Estates. So far I like the area but everyone I know doesn't know anyone from Clinton. What is your take on Clinton and Fox Hill Estates? I'm single with no kids. I may get married next year and not worried about the school system just yet. This is my first home. I just want to make sure I'm not moving into a bad crime area .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 AM

Default been stalking the neighborhood

Okay so here is my take on Clinton:

1) Very nice houses, much more house versus surrounding counties per dollar

2) White flight: I saw a for sale sign in front of most of the houses where the few white people are still left

3) WTF is up with so many Presa Canarios in PG county. I guess since the pit bull ban everyone just went out and got a dog twice as large and twice as dangerous. IF I move here I will have my 12 guage loaded at all times. Honestly this is the only thing that really bothers me. Why do folks have to get such dangerous animals for pets.

4) Definitely NOT the ghetto from what I can see, I noticed a lot of friendly hard working people. Many well kept yards despite high foreclosures in the area.

It's difficult to tell what the future will hold for the area but there definitely won't be any diversity for a while.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:26 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,433,487 times
Perhaps that particular neighborhood in Clinton may be in transition and not for you. I have not heard of that subdivision. From what I have seen, there are some newer parts (such as off Woodyard Road or Surratts Road) which appeared nice and quiet. As for other, older sections, some looked quiet and some looked sketchy. I knew a few people who lived in Clinton, back in the early to mid 2000s, and they liked it. Good luck.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:13 PM

Location: Ft. Washington/Oxon Hill border, MD (Prince George's County)
321 posts, read 812,250 times
I live nearby in ft. Washington. My husband and I took child birthing classes at an instructors home (white family) in Clinton near a library last year. We attended classes for several months and my observation was that it seemed more rural than suburban. I passed lots of farm areas with corn planted. It seem very diverse, I saw a mix of white, black and Latino including kids playing outside. It seemed pretty quiet. I live a few miles west of Clinton and never really hear about much crime there. Clinton is a much larger place than the one community I spent time in though. They have the cosca tennis courts there that I had planned to take some lessons at this summer but have yet to find time to do so. I've shopped at the walmart and lowes there.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't see anything in the neighborhood that concerned me other than the oversized mutant guard dogs that a lot of people seem to have. Other than that it seems nice. I guess I'll see. I'm moving forward with the contract.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:22 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,433,487 times
Good luck, sounds like it will be okay. And let us know when you get your Presa Canario. Just messing with you.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:14 PM

311 posts, read 1,385,605 times
Clinton, Fort Washington, Bowie and Upper Marlboro are some of the best in PG. I would put Clinton up against any DC-MD-VA suburb.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:38 AM

4 posts, read 9,796 times
We moved to Clinton and our immediate neighborhood is somewhat diverse. We bought a foreclosure home and we are working hard to improve it because it is somewhat a drag on the neighborhood. Our neighborhood is very well kept and most of the residents are public sector. We also have a police station within walking distance. I would like to think that helps keep crime down.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:01 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,933,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodiem View Post
We moved to Clinton and our immediate neighborhood is somewhat diverse. We bought a foreclosure home and we are working hard to improve it because it is somewhat a drag on the neighborhood. Our neighborhood is very well kept and most of the residents are public sector. We also have a police station within walking distance. I would like to think that helps keep crime down.

Ahh you must live in crestview, well so do I champ! Nice and quiet, every now and then a few folks speed up the streets, too many foreclosures, a few teenagers wandering, the dudes on ATVS on Sunday afternoons, other than that a really cool place

Brandywine Elementary isnt too bad as well

With the over abundance of Presa Canarios, who knows I like that fad better than the over population of pits, rotts, and before that dobermans and german shepards, it will pass

Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 PM

512 posts, read 1,635,487 times
Isn't Fox Hill estates across the street from Southern Maryland Hospital? If so I think it's a cool area. I haven't really heard of any bad things in that neighborhood. I would live there. It's definitely easy to get on the beltway and into D.C.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland